AVS Forum banner

MegaView XC-3730C issue

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MegaViewer 
#1 ·
Hey there. I picked up a MegaView XC3730C the other month for use as a gaming monitor for my older systems and hopefully arcade boards after the supergun is built. Since I got it, I had it in a road case waiting until I moved to try it out. Well I finally moved and went to try it out and much to my dismay, it does nothing. Will not turn on. This sucks as I was quite excited about this thing. Has anybody had a similar experience with one of the Megaview monitors? If so, does anybody have any tips for sorting this out. Possibly a blown fuse or something stupid like that? I've messed around inside CRT arcade monitors a little, but I'm trying to avoid opening it if I don't have to.

#4 ·
Yep, these monitors are amazing. My XC3716C and my NEC XP37 Xtra (XP3791) are just so amazing on everything you throw at it. I will always be amazed at how much definition the Wii truly has and how much of it can only be found when you truly are in 480p with the component cables.... Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and all games are truly a sight to behold....

#5 ·
So far I am loving the monitor for video games. For standard def tv running NTSC composite (saving to get an RTC to run component into rgbhv) it seems that on live action programming, anything that has any sort of gradient shadowing shows up more like concentric rings of similar colors rather than a smooth realistic lighting pattern. Also, my red gain always has to be down to -20 in order for them to not be over saturated. It's a bit odd. If one of you has any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to try them out. Once I get everything squared away, I'd also like to put some quieter fans in this beast, or maybe a velocity controller to slow them down a tad as the 1996 issues are a tad loud when watching at nighttime volume levels.

Also does anybody have any recommendations for a good quality VGA switch box as I plan to connect a bnc to vga cable to the back and terminate all my rgb cables with HD-15 connectors as finding a 5 bnc connector switch box with a decent amount of inputs has proven difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.