KV36HS500 6 Blinks fault? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys: my KV36HS500 has been showing intermittent start up and 6 blinks for the last year it normally starts up after 1 or 2 pushes on the remote control but with no fault on the self diagnosis test , but lately it starts up also with the same 6 blinks after 2 pushes on the remote but now when i bring up the diagnosis test by display,5,Chan-,power, i have

6 LOW B 1
7 H STOP 1

on the service manual LOW B is IC504

and H STOP could be ic6501,ic8002, some people say could be also C6510,c6532,
c8027,c8030

i have in store Ic6501, ic8002.

i don´t know what to do wait for the TV to go completely dead or go ahead and replace the MCZ ic's. what's your opinions thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-03-2012, 08:29 AM

Order the inexpensive chips so you have them on hand when the TV quits working. As a preventative measure, turn on the TV only once a day or at least wait for a cool down of a few hours before turning on again. Power on with the TV button not the remote, This prevents an accidental double power on.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Guys; Today i took half a day to repair my Sony KV36HS500 and it was a success,the intermittent start up with 6-7 blinks has been with my Sony for the last 1 year and half and later it has been worst with 2 to 5 pushes on the power, so today I've had it and put hands at work, i already had the
Mcz3001's IC's in my stock,so i just removed the suspected IC6501,IC8002,for my surprise it was easier then i thought,some people had difficult with taking out the D board but it was so easy that a cave man can do it,some people even have cut off the fly back transformer wires no need cause the D board comes out and flips over easy, so anybody that needs any help on doing this fault's job i will be more than happy to help
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page