AVS Forum banner

CRT HDTV QUESTION

677 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RetroFan786 
#1 ·
I have a panasonic crt hdtv, and was wondering if their is a video processor that can take progressive content at say 1080p and convert it to interlaced content, say to 540p, if that is possible, like how older style crts could do 240p instead of 480i. My next question is if my tv would be able to display 540p with out upconverting it to 1080i, because what I want to do is upscale my retro games like super nintendo to 1080p then have this processor interlace that to 540p, and if that is all possible is their a processor that lets you pick what lines to draw the frame on like all odd lines or all even lines or both if you choose. Thank you guys and girls for any help you can offer.

#3 ·
ya my tv can display 1080i, no 720p though, it just gets downscaled to 480p as far as I'm aware. I was just wander if it was possible to find such a processor so I could get the best image quality my tv can give me, and get that authentic experience if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.