AVS Forum banner

Panasonic CT-32D11E picture abruptly gone bad -- fixable?

527 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  gdX 
#1 ·
I see the Search function isn't fixed yet. I tried. I really did try.

Anyway...

My 10-yr old Panasonic CT-32D11E has suddenly exhibited a problem after trouble-free performance.

Not sure, but I believe I'm describing a routine malfunction that may be a replaceable circuit board rather than a CRT that's exhausted. It really hasn't seen extensive use over a decade.

When turning on, the picture appears as only a half-inch deep stripe of light that doesn't quite stretch horizontally to the L/R edges. It takes about 10-15 minutes for it to start expanding vertically, and another 10 minutes to go as far as it can go. At best, it extends fully horizontally, and about 95% vertically (OK at the top, distorted at the bottom).

Just in time for football season. Great.

Any ideas for a CHEAP resolution to this? I mean cheap as in a couple hundred bucks. Will not haul this 125-pounder down and back up 3 flights of stairs; any trip it takes will be one-way only. Will consider an on-site repair guy, if replacement boards even exist. Either that, or a tiny, used flatscreen.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.