Why does my XBR960 have input lag on 1080i? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 45 Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My XBR960 has a bit of noticeable input lag when displaying 1080i sources. I have made some changes to the service menu a while ago to improve the focus (blurry sides) but naively didn't write down the changes I made, was there anything I may have changed that could cause extra processing time? I'm using component hookup for my Xbox 360, and yes the Xbox is configured to 1080i. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 09-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
It seems liked you've covered everything, I saw you mentioned composite cables in another thread, you are in fact using component (circular, green, orange/red, and blue) not composite (circular, yellow for video, red and white for sound) right?

Also make sure the image size setting called something like zoom,aspect,or picture size is set so the image is unstretched/untouched. The setting is likely on the remote or in the user menu.
post #3 of 45 Old 09-09-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
what is your source device? if your talking about feeling lag in a game due to 1080i the source of the lag is probably the console/computer having to take whats normally a progressive signal and convert it into interlaced. this process will introduce lag and the only sources that are 1080i native are TV shows and older blu-ray/hddvd's basically they were pre-converted to 1080i. computer generated graphics are never interlaced these days because its an outdated display method that only works on CRT displays every other display out there has to convert it back to progressive to be displayed! smile.gif

the good news for you is that because you have a CRT it has no native resolution and the solution is to use 720p, as long as your not sitting 2 ft from the TV or trying to use it as a monitor for a pc to read text there is no real advantage to 1080i on a 34" TV , heck when we got our 50" plasma we saved a bunch of cash and got a 720p set because at our viewing distance (roughly 10 ft) you cannot see the difference between 720p and 1080p

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #4 of 45 Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

As others have said 720p will do no good for you as the Sony isn't multisync, there may be some minor lag introduced by 1080i but it doesn't make much sense that there would be if it's fine on your old screen at 480i and other owners on the forum are having no problems with the 360 at 1080i on there xbr960's.

Youve covered nearly all bases and I'm assuming you worked out the scrolling line and scaling issues?

As long as you are in fact using component cables (green, orange/red, and blue) and hdpt is set to zero you shouldn't have anymore lag than anyone else.

Make a list of your service menu settings and ask other owners who know their around the service menu if something is set wrong.
Also make sure the basic zoom/picture size setting is not altering the picture.

The sharpness cotrol may introduce some minor lag as well but turning it off will probably negatively effect the image.

Edit: now that I think about it I haven't seem any real evidence that current consoles use anything other than scaling to achieve higher resolutions which would take longer.
If that's the case then 1080i or 1080p may in fact introduce some lag from the 360's scaling chip.
If the 360 does in fact support multiple resolutions natively rather than scaling it then it could take serious graphical power to output the image, causing 1080i or 1080p to take more from the system.

Inside knowledge of how the 360 handles all this is lackig as far as I know, the 360 could start at a higher frame rate and the. Automatically lock down to a lower frame rate if it has to natively power 1080p or 1080i over 480i, 480p, or even 720p.

You may also be a lot more sensitive to lag than other 360 owners running 1080i over component into their xbr960's.

As far as I know their aren't any direct view CRT hdtvs that will automatically sync with 720p, very few CRT rear projections will do it but you can find out more about that on the don't dump your CRT rear projection thread on this forum.
post #5 of 45 Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

This thread and others seem to confirm the scaling theory: http://forum.teamxbox.com/archive/index.php/t-489077.html
There are more technical threads out there with more in depth and reliable information that seem to confirm it as well, just google 360 scaling.
By the looks of it 1080p and 1080i are scaled up from 720p native game resolution for most games introducing some processing lag.
Some games output even lower: http://m.joystiq.com/2007/09/28/halo-3-not-hd-runs-at-640p-pixel-counters-claim/

Scaling down should take less performance than scaling up explaining why 480i or 480p on your old tv has less lag. Other members experiences with your current situation can be explained by their sensitivity to input lag.
post #6 of 45 Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Lol your a little behind on the times there salty biggrin.gif he's already disabled hdpt, the problem now appears to lie with the 360's lackluster image scaling to higher resolutions which appears to introduce some minor lag that may not be noticeble to most.
post #7 of 45 Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 AM

Liked: 11
Oops! Wouldn't be the first time I have been caught being behind the times:) I didn't read the thread as thoroughly as I should have-sorry OP. I'll delete that post

The links above are useful. I remember trying to find information about the 360's scaling process a few years ago, and not being able to find any definitive answers.
post #8 of 45 Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

No worries man, he's actually posted 4-5 different threads working through the problems, the hdpt stuff is actually in one of his other threads.

The scaling is a pretty cheap move in my opinion, scaling definetly does not always equate to higher image quality. A lot of people probably think that consoles are capable of true 1080p with playable frame rates because Microsoft doesn't seem to specify.
post #9 of 45 Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 PM

No doubt. Easier to put a scaler in there than a GPU with the ability to render natively in higher resolutions and playable frame rates. There is no comparison between real 1080p and 720p scaled up to 1080p-the detail just isn't there. The average consumer probably doesn't really care, but I tend to fixate on this stuff. I love my old Xbox dearly(and still play it from time to time), but I made the switch to PC to avoid this frustration and get higher res and better framerates. But...that's a different topic altogether.

Bottom line is-it's time for the next generation of consoles already! 7 years is a looong time to squeeze out of gaming hardware....
post #10 of 45 Old 09-11-2012, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah man, pc gaming all the way smile.gif
No next gen until 2014 apparently, maybe then current midrange cards will actually have a challenge maxing everything out tongue.gif
post #11 of 45 Old 09-22-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Heres everything i changed in the service menu:
-hdpt to 0
-adjusted v-pos, v-siz, h-pos and h-siz to get rid of overscan and make the image fit the screen
-adjusted some settings to improve focus, guided by an avsf post, dont remember what settings or what post

I can see why you guys would think its the xb360 scaler but i dont think so. my 1080p lcd monitor plays xb360 games with no noticeable lag at all with the xb360 set to 1080p. and if i remember correctly, before i adjusted the service menu there was no noticeble lag with the 360 at 1080i. basically i need to know what settings in the sm would add processing to 1080i signals.
post #12 of 45 Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 PM

I think that's all you can do. I am sensitive to lag as well, and I never noticed ANY lag with HDPT set to 0 with 1080i xbox output. I tested it with a high speed camera to be sure, and setting hdpt to 0 was what made the difference. As I understood it, hdpt cuts out all of the processing, overriding all else.

Maybe you mentioned it already, but are you using hdmi or component? I used component.
post #13 of 45 Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post

I think that's all you can do. I am sensitive to lag as well, and I never noticed ANY lag with HDPT set to 0 with 1080i xbox output. I tested it with a high speed camera to be sure, and setting hdpt to 0 was what made the difference. As I understood it, hdpt cuts out all of the processing, overriding all else.
Maybe you mentioned it already, but are you using hdmi or component? I used component.

Component. They are generic, not official Microsoft ones. Could this be a source of lag? (However if I remember correctly when I first tried playing with HDMI and HDPT=0, i noticed no lag, but have tried the HDMI again and the lag is there)
post #14 of 45 Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 AM

Cables wouldn't introduce lag.

I think it will be game dependent. If the game can do 1080i natively, then you will have no lag. If the game is in 720p and has to scale down to 1080i, then you will have lag. If that doesn't make sense to you then start googling.
post #15 of 45 Old 09-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

This doesn't make any logical sense at all, how can you not have any noticeable lag on an lcd monitor? I thought you started this pursuit because your lcd had lag?

You have to make a list of your service menu settings and get them out there to people who know their way around the service menu, we just don't have enough info to help you out.
post #16 of 45 Old 09-30-2012, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

I am in the process of recording my entire service menu. Once I'm finished I will post it here along with a very detailed explanation of the problem. Thank you all for your attention and help.
post #17 of 45 Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Dude, read my post, it probably has nothing to do with your TV.
post #18 of 45 Old 10-01-2012, 03:32 PM

Liked: 14
Scaling done in the 360 should not lag. That said, I'd use a resolution that the screen is known to work well with these CRTs, and I would ditch HDMI as well, stick to component and do your lag testing from there.
post #19 of 45 Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Scaling shouldn't lag, correct, but it certainly causes lag on the PS3 when scaling PS2 and PS1 games. So I'm thinking that there is more of a chance the xbox is causing it than the TV. I mean, HDPT pretty much overrides everything, from what I've read on this forum. It cuts out all possible digital image processing.

It's possible HDMI processing could cause the lag, but I know that my HDfury is lag free with my CRT monitor. So if XBR has an inefficient D/A converter on it's HDMI board, then that could be the problem.
post #20 of 45 Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRTFTW View Post

Scaling shouldn't lag, correct, but it certainly causes lag on the PS3 when scaling PS2 and PS1 games.

Whoa there son. Let's keep apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

The XBox 360 scales. Everything. It even has a chip with dedicated memory for this task.

The PS3 emulates the games that you describe and it does this crappily. Extremely crappily. The PS3 also scales, but the source of the lag that you will see on a PS3 is due to two things: the emulation of both PS2 and PS1 games, and deinterlacing. Furthermore, while the PS3 scales, it is much more limited in its implementation than the 360's chip. In other words it is likely slower at scaling in absolutes, and it may not scale at all under certain circumstances (for both start and destination resolutions). So being a poorer scaler, it stands to be slower at this as well, and the nvidia chip also has the unfortunate design flaw of being unable to use 480i while any HDMI connection is being used, and when any PS1 or PS2 game is run at 480p or higher on the PS3, it will be deinterlaced under all circumstances. This deinterlacing causes guess what? MORE LAG. In other words, another reason that the XBox 360 does not lag when scaling is because it does not do the extraordinarily stupid step of deinterlacing beforehand. If it needs to create a 1080i field it just creates a 1080p frame and dumps half the lines.
Quote:
So I'm thinking that there is more of a chance the xbox is causing it than the TV.

Pretty much no chance of that. There will be zero lag with the 360 and a VGA connection on a CRT at any resolution.
post #21 of 45 Old 10-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Ok, but the PS3 lags during backwards compatibility even at 480i over analog, and I've heard that the lag increases when it scales to higher resolutions, so I thought it might be a similar issue with the 360.
post #22 of 45 Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Crtftw: Your right, as far as I know all scaling will introduce some lag.

LiquidSnake: Is any of that actually relevant ? I'm not sure if your explanation is just too complex for me to understand or your just speaking jibberish but it looks pretty jibberishy to me wink.gif
post #23 of 45 Old 10-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Lag can happen with scaling, but it does NOT happen with all scaling. CRTFTW thinks otherwise, and presented the PS3 scaling implementation as proof. Responding to that is very relevant, and it isn't gibberish, or "jibberish." There are many examples of lagless scaling around, even with the Xbox 360 on its own.
post #24 of 45 Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

I'm more than open to an explanation of your Lagless scaling theory but so far you haven't really explained it.
I can understand scaling in some situations wouldn't introduce much lag but scaling from 720p to 1080i is not to my knowledge one of those situations.
Unless there is 1:1 pixel mapping or an even ratio like 2:1, 4:1 etc, I don't see how processing Lag can be eliminated completely.
That said there definetly appears to be something fishy going on with james' setup as an LCD should not be lagging less than a CRT in any situation.
post #25 of 45 Old 10-09-2012, 11:09 AM

I explained exactly what CRTFTW introduced. Because it is relevant. His example of lag on the PS3 is completely irrelevant to lag on the 360 because the implementation is different. I'm sure you don't need to be an engineer designing scaling products, either hardware or software, to understand this. For that matter, I'm not an engineer of such things myself, nor do I claim to be. I've just seen several examples of lagless scaling, so when someone claims that scaling will always produce lag, I take issue. There are plenty of counterexamples to refute the notion that scaling always produces lag even on this very board. Start here if you don't believe me.
post #26 of 45 Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Start where? Am I to sift through the section on video scalers to try and prove your point?
I couldn't find anything on Lagless or lag free scaling through a google search and the avs thread I found was someone asking about lag free scaling only to be informed that scalers aren't lag free. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.
post #27 of 45 Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 AM

I have similar Sony HD SFPCRT. For the PS3, should I let the PS3 do the 720p->1080i scaling or let the CRT handle it? How does one or the other effect IQ and lag?
post #28 of 45 Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik James View Post

Start where? Am I to sift through the section on video scalers to try and prove your point?
I couldn't find anything on Lagless or lag free scaling through a google search and the avs thread I found was someone asking about lag free scaling only to be informed that scalers aren't lag free. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

There are lagless scalers, and they have been covered in that forum before. There are several factors that can create or affect existant lag though, and you need to bear in mind here that when you are talking about the XBox 360, a lot of the things that you can actually measure for lag do not apply--unless maybe you have an XBox 360 devkit. There is no frame counter in any XBox 360 game that I have ever seen, and when you say "XBox 360 games that scale always lag," this is what you need in order to compare unscaled XBox 360 games to show for this. And you're just not going to find it.

But anyway, the method that the PS3 uses to scale is fundamentally different from the way the XBox 360 scales. It does not have hardware dedicated to this purpose and is more limited because of this. Add in emulation for any PS2 "scaling" done in the PS3 and you have lag. Meanwhile the same XBox games at lower resolutions (480p) do not lag when played via emulation and upscaled to any resolution on an XBox 360. The methods are different and have different results for this reason.
post #29 of 45 Old 10-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Well point me in the direction of said discussions regarding lag free scaling, cause I couldn't find any.
I've always believed you can't get something from nothing, whether the lag is noticeable or not it exists, until I find information that says otherwise.
post #30 of 45 Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, first of all, I don't think the Xbox 360 itself is the source of lag. I own a 1080p LED monitor and use my 360 on it at 1080p and I notice no lag. I also used to have no lag on the XBR960 at 1080i, before I made some naive service menu changes.

Allow me to explain.

When I first bought the 960, a few months ago used off of Craigslist, I first hooked up the 360 with a high speed HDMI cable. There were three problems. 1: There was overscan (the image was zoomed in too much and a bit uncentered), 2: the left and right portions of the screen were blurrier than the center portion, and 3: there was some pretty noticable input lag. More on 1 and 2 later.

I started by looking up the input lag problem. Through the power of AVSF, I learned that the HDMI's digital processing can be converted to an analog signal by changing the service menu option 'HDPT' from 1 to 0, eliminating input lag caused by digital processing.

I made this change in the service menu and I didn't notice any input lag anymore. I was so glad about this, but problems 1 and 2 were still there, and a new problem had appeared as well: there was now a ~2" translucent vertical bar constantly scrolling slowly from right to left across the screen.

It was quite annoying, so I looked it up on AVSF. Turns out that this is a side effect of digital to analog conversion. To get no lag AND no scrolling bar, I would need to use a natively analog signal.

So I bought some 360 component cables and hooked them up. I was now on 1080i with no lag and no scrolling bar. It was on video 5 in the 960, if it matters. But sadly, problems 1 and 2 were still present. I messed around with some service menu settings to try to fix these problems, using AVS Forum posts as a guide. I fixed the overscan problem by messing around with the VSIZ, VPOS, HSIZ and HPOS settings. I don't know what settings I messed with to try and fix the focus problem, and I only was able to improve it a little bit.

It was around this time that I started to notice the input lag.

In the spoiler below is my entire service menu. Any settings that I know for sure have been changed are bolded, and next to them in brackets are their original values, if availabe. Fyi most if not all of the settings that have their original values next to them were changed AFTER the lag appeared, so they could be irrelevant. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
SERVICE ~ Wide ~ Zoom ~ Video ~ S ~ 480i ~ WSL: 0

_VERSION
VER(0)=0 ~ F/A: 11111111 11111111 ~ CBA: 11111111 11110001
DMY1(1)=0

_3D-COMB
NCMD(0)=1
CLKS(1)=1
NSDS(2)=0
MSS(3)=0
KILS(4)=1
FRZE(5)=0
EXCS(6)=1
CDL(7)=3
DYCO(8)=2
DYGA(9)=10
DCCO(10)=5
DCGA(11)=5
WSC(12)=1
WSS(13)=0
VAPG(14)=2
VAPI(15)=4
TEST(16)=0
YPFT(17)=3
YPFG(18)=7
SEDC(19)=0
SEDY(20)=1
YHCO(21)=1
YHCG(22)=0
SYSP(23)=0
TES2(24)=0

_2103-1
YLEV(0)=19
CLEV(1)=22
SCON(2)=3
SCOL(3)=4
SHUE(4)=8
YDLY(5)=0
SHAP(6)=4
SHFO(7)=3
PREO(8)=3
BPFO(9)=3
BPFQ(10)=2
BPSW(11)=1
TRAP(12)=0
LPF(13)=1
AFCG(14)=0
CDMD(15)=3
SSMD(16)=0
HMSK(17)=1
HALI(18)=0
PPHA(19)=7
CBO1(20)=36
CRO1(21)=38
CBO2(22)=39
CRO2(23)=34
ATPD(24)=0
DCTR(25)=0

_2103-2
YLEV(0)=24
CLEV(1)=10
SCON(2)=7
SCOL(3)=7
SHUE(4)=9
YDLY(5)=0
SHAP(6)=6
SHFO(7)=0
PREO(8)=3
BPFO(9)=3
BPFQ(10)=0
BPSW(11)=1
TRAP(12)=0
LPF(13)=1
AFCG(14)=1
CDMD(15)=3
SSMD(16)=0
HMSK(17)=0
HALI(18)=0
PPHA(19)=7
CBO1(20)=43
CRO1(21)=40

_217OP-1
YOSW(0)=0
TCOF(1)=0
YOF(2)=15
CBOF(3)=31
CROF(4)=31
CBOP(5)=36
CROP(6)=37
SBRT(7)=28
RDRV(8)=32
GDRV(9)=26
BDRV(10)=27
RCUT(11)=32
GCUT(12)=26
BCUT(13)=34
WBSW(14)=0
SBOF(15)=7
RDOF(16)=31
GDOF(17)=26
BDOF(18)=16
RCOF(19)=31
GCOF(20)=27
BCOF(21)=19
DCOL(22)=0

_217OP-2
PICO(0)=1
RGBS(1)=7
BLKB(2)=3
RGBL(3)=2
YLMT(4)=3
AGNG(5)=0
AKBO(6)=0
CLPP(7)=3
CLPG(8)=0
CLPS(9)=0
PPAD(10)=3
SYNP(11)=0
HVBT(12)=0

_217OP-3
SYSM(0)=1 [0]
VMLV(1)=15
VMCR(2)=0
VMLM(3)=3
VMFO(4)=1 [0]
VMDL(5)=7 [15]
SHOF(6)=2 [0]
SHFO(7)=1
PROV(8)=0 [3]
F1LV(9)=2 [1]
LTLV(10)=2 [3]
LTMD(11)=1
CTLV(12)=0 [3]
UBOF(13)=2 [1]
UCOF(14)=1
UHOF(15)=0
MIDE(16)=14
VM(17)=3
VMH(18)=15
VMM(19)=8
VML(20)=4
VGAP(21)=5
VGAS(22)=5
VGAB(23)=5
VGAC(24)=5
VGAV(25)=5

_217OP-4
YCON(0)=1
SPIC(1)=4
SCOL(2)=33
SHUE(3)=30
SPIO(4)=10
SCLO(5)=5
SHUO(6)=7
RYR(7)=8
RYB(8)=9
GYR(9)=9
GYB(10)=6
GAMM(11)=1
GAMS(12)=8
GAMR(13)=4
GAMG(14)=4
GAMB(15)=4
BLK(16)=2
DCTR(17)=7
APED(18)=1
DSBO(19)=7
IDSW(20)=0
ABLM(21)=0
ABLT(22)=0
SPOF(23)=0
DPSQ(24)=1
LRGB(25)=3

_217OD-1
VPOS(0)=24
VSIZ(1)=28
VSZO(2)=0
VLIN(3)=6
VSCO(4)=10
VCEN(5)=20
VPIN(6)=21
MVPN(7)=0
NSCO(8)=31
HTPZ(9)=14
MHTZ(10)=0
ZOOM(11)=1
APSW(12)=1
ASPT(13)=21
SCRL(14)=31
UVLN(15)=4
LVLN(16)=4

_217OD-2
HCNT(0)=37
HPOS(1)=30
HSIZ(2)=46
SLIN(3)=12
MPIN(4)=13
PIN(5)=15
PINO(6)=7
UCP(7)=31
LCP(8)=25
UXCG(9)=1
LXCG(10)=1
UXCP(11)=1
LXCP(12)=1
XCPP(13)=0
PPHA(14)=22
VANG(15)=29
LANG(16)=26
VBOW(17)=30
LBOW(18)=28

_217OD-3
HBLK(0)=1 [22]
LBLK(1)=51 [41]
RBLK(2)=27 [6]
VBLK(3)=0 [29]
TBLK(4)=12 [55]
BBLK(5)=15 [6]
AFCM(6)=3 [0]
JUMP(7)=0 [34]
VDJP(8)=1 [31]

VDST(9)=0
AKBT(10)=15

_217OD-4
QPAM(0)=31
QPAV(1)=0
QPAP(2)=15
QPDC(3)=34
QPDV(4)=63
QPDP(5)=6
CPY1(6)=0
DF(7)=39
DQP(8)=33

_217OD-5
VFRQ(0)=1
VON(1)=1
EWDC(2)=0
MS15(3)=0
HFRQ(4)=80
HFRX(5)=25
VMPS(6)=0
INTR(7)=0
VLNL(8)=0
VLNH(9)=0
AGCS(10)=0

_D-CONV
YBWU(0)=48
YBWL(1)=43
RSAP(2)=39
RUMB(3)=5
RUBW(4)=0
RLMB(5)=1
RLBW(6)=11
LSAP(7)=33
LUMB(8)=24
LUBW(9)=9
LLMB(10)=22
LLBW(11)=20
CADJ(12)=23
HVCA(13)=63
SRSP(14)=63
SRUM(15)=31
SRUB(16)=63
SRLM(17)=31
SRLB(18)=63
SLSP(19)=57
SLUM(20)=31
SLUB(21)=63
SLLM(22)=31
SLLB(23)=63

_LANDING
LT(0)=171
LB(1)=150
RT(2)=102
RB(3)=100
EWSP(4)=5
ENSW(5)=0
TESW(6)=0
DHMT(7)=0
LDVM(8)=0
LVSW(9)=0
LVPH(10)=94
HSZO(11)=0
SLNO(12)=0
MPNO(13)=0
PINO(14)=0

_CXA2171
MTRX(0)=0
GAIN(1)=0
FIXS(2)=3 [3]
CBGN(3)=0 [8]
CRGN(4)=0 [8]
YGN(5)=0 [9]

VTC(6)=0
HTC(7)=1
HWID(8)=1 [1]
HSEP(9)=1 [1]

HMSK(10)=1
FRGB(11)=0
hysw(12)=0

_MID1
DHPH(0)=108
DVPH(1)=20
DHAR(2)=240
DVAR(3)=135
DHPW(4)=55
DVPW(5)=5
DYCD(6)=0
DYSD(7)=4
MDHP(8)=0
MDVP(9)=30
MDHS(10)=240
MDVS(11)=120
MLHP(12)=36
MLVP(13)=8 [5/6]
SDHP(14)=167 [163/173]

SDVP(15)=5
SDHS(16)=115
SDVS(17)=79
PDHP(18)=0
PDVP(19)=0
PDHS(20)=0
PDVS(21)=0
DPSW(22)=0
MDLO(23)=12
BCOL(24)=0
DYSS(25)=1
OSDH(26)=32
OSDV(27)=16

_MID2
DRHP(0)=117
DRHS(1)=180
DRVP(2)=37
DRVS(3)=120

_MID3
VDHP(0)=56
VDHS(1)=180 [240]
VDVE(2)=17 [19]
VDVS(3)=60 [135]
VDVO(4)=0
VCPO(5)=42 [72]
VCWD(6)=1 [3]
VYCD(7)=0
VDTP(8)=62 [133]
VSTT(9)=0
VHSC(10)=130
VFRV(11)=0 [22]

_MID5
POP(0)=14
MHLY(1)=0 [1]
MHLC(2)=0 [3]
MVLY(3)=0
MVLC(4)=0
MHYR(5)=0 [1]
MHYL(6)=0 [1]
MHYE(7)=0 [7]
MHYO(8)=0
MHCR(9)=0
MHCL(10)=0
MHCE(11)=0
MHCO(12)=0
MVYR(13)=0 [1]
MVYL(14)=0 [1]
MVYE(15)=0 [4]
MVCR(16)=0
MVCL(17)=0
MVCE(18)=0
SHLY(19)=0
SHLC(20)=0
SVLY(21)=0
SVLC(22)=0
SHYR(23)=0
SHYL(24)=0
SHYE(25)=0
SHYO(26)=0
SHCR(27)=0
SHCL(28)=0
SHCE(29)=0
SHCO(30)=0
SVYR(31)=0
SVYL(32)=0
SVYE(33)=0
SVCR(34)=0
SVCL(35)=0
SVCE(36)=0

_CXA3506R
MCON(0)=0
SCOR(1)=128
SCOG(2)=128
SCOB(3)=128
RGB(4)=0

_AUDIO
ASYS(0)=0
TRCV(1)=2
BACV(2)=0
MDCV(3)=2
SVHI(4)=4
SVLO(5)=4
MIDL(6)=10
LOFQ(7)=0
SBAS(8)=8
MIDT(9)=0
STRE(10)=10
TRFQ(11)=7
PSEF(12)=5
AGC(13)=9
BBE(14)=1
BBEP(15)=6
BBEL(16)=3
BB2P(17)=6
BB2L(18)=3
TRS1(19)=4
TRS2(20)=2

_SNNR
MODE(0)=0
SNNR(1)=0
WSLT(2)=0
CPFG(3)=0
CPFT(4)=0
CCOR(5)=0
CHCG(6)=0
CAPG(7)=0
3SHP(8)=0
NYNR(9)=0
NCNR(10)=0
NYMG(11)=0
NCMG(12)=0
NYLT(13)=0
NYN(14)=0
NYCO(15)=0
7SHP(16)=0
7YF1(17)=0
7LTI(18)=0
7CTI(19)=0
7VML(20)=0
7VMC(21)=0
MIDD(22)=0

_3DNR
WHCT(0)=44
NIQM(1)=1
CLPW(2)=30
CLPP(3)=80
YHBW(4)=138
YBKL(5)=0
YBKO(6)=0
MUTE(7)=0
YHBS(8)=40
CHBW(9)=138
CBKO(10)=40
CHBO(11)=0
VHBL(12)=0
UHBL(13)=0
UVDL(14)=0
YDL(15)=0
PVDI(16)=0
PHDI(17)=0
HDW(18)=16
PVDO(19)=0
PHDO(20)=0
HST(21)=54
VDL(22)=0
VDW(23)=3
NDET(24)=0
NVP(25)=2
NDTS(26)=3
HROF(27)=0
NDGW(28)=9
UOFS(29)=1
POT(30)=0
UVF(31)=0
APC(32)=1
DAP(33)=0
YLV(34)=10
YST(35)=0
YNT(36)=1
YPL(37)=1
YMV(38)=0
YCR(39)=3
VOS(40)=1
YMG(41)=3
YEG(42)=0
YEL(43)=6
YLM(44)=6
CLV(45)=10
CNT(46)=1
CPL(47)=1
CMG(48)=3
CCR(49)=3
CLM(50)=6
NVSL(51)=20
NVSH(52)=1
NHS(53)=16
NVEL(54)=244
NVEH(55)=0
NHE(56)=120
YNG(57)=3
COR(58)=0
LPF(59)=0
YLT(60)=6
YNC(61)=8
YCO(62)=0
ADTH(63)=0

_DRCV
MFVR(0)=0
ISEL(1)=1
ORES(2)=128
ONCT(3)=128
FMAT(4)=0
FMTH(5)=1
FSEL(6)=1
CDLY(7)=2
LMIT(8)=0
LMLV(9)=2
LMSL(10)=1
VDLY(11)=1
VDPR(12)=3
WPLL(13)=2
CRCT(14)=0
NRA(15)=0
NRB(16)=128

_HDMI
WP(0)=0
INP(1)=0
INFO(2)=0

_OP
INFO(0)=0
PATN(1)=0
GPTN(2)=0
ADLY(3)=0
DSMT(4)=0
GDIM(5)=0
GRAY(6)=0
ALPH(7)=255
GFXX(8)=92
GFXY(9)=28
DTUN(10)=2
PODS(11)=0
WUSR(12)=0
RUSR(13)=0
UPIC(14)=48
UBRT(15)=31
UCOL(16)=31
UHUE(17)=31
USHP(18)=29
UTMP(19)=1

_QT
CVSB(0)=1
WSCO(1)=0
WSC1(2)=0
WSC2(3)=0
WSC3(4)=0
WSC4(5)=0
WSC5(6)=0
WSC6(7)=0
WSC7(8)=0
WSC8(9)=0
WSC9(10)=0

_ID ~ M306V7MG-079FP ~ NVM:G
ID0(0)=89 ~ 01011001m
ID1(1)=255 ~ 11111111m
ID2(2)=255 ~ 11111111m
ID3(3)=111 ~ 01101111m
ID4(4)=203 ~ 11001011m
ID5(5)=207 ~ 11001111m
UD6(6)=62 ~ 00111110m
ID7(7)=25 ~ 00011001m

PS. Sorry it took so long to get the service menu settings, I'm a somewhat busy fellow and don't have much time to sit down and write down numbers. :-)
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page