SONY KV -D3431B-BLOWN OFF POWER PACK - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My Sony KV D3431 is now lying in the junk room. Two times in its best life, lightening damaged it. The second tuner and Power pack.
I got the replacements from Europe through my friends. Second time when it gone dead, all our effort to give it a third life not found any positive result.

The 'Sony Service' laugh whenever I talk to them about extending a repair service to this. No more CRTs! Only LCD/LED.....

Is there any possibility to give it another life?

No need for any tuner replacement or audio!! Just one Video In will be fine to plug-in my set top box video. Audio I can manage with external, even though the sub woofer and other mounted speakers may go useless.

I need the Power pack Box ( F/G boards) first. Most of the components taken away by the lightening.

Earlier we repaired the G board (Power Reg.) by replacing the ic 601 - POWER MODULE -DM38 (1-236-237-11) and transistors Q601/602
2SC4056P(8-729-905-72). Our search for a source for these is still on!

Please help me with any information that may be helpful. Ready to bear all reasonable expenses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm not familiar with that model nor know where you're located but if it's a 34" CRT I'd say let it go, you can do better on Craigslist for free or less than the parts and hassle. Just recycle it responsibly if possible.

post #3 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I missed to tell-I am from India.
Thank you for the kind response.
This model is originally imported to India by a diplomat family when they came back from Europe.
The Tuners and pix processor PCBs are made in Germany!

I am finding it difficult to do the responsible recycle here in our place, so thought of making it working and do the recycle by that way.
I have a hope if I could get a Power module DM-38,(1-236-237-11) we may try our luck. But it is not available anywhere in the online ordering sites.

Rgds

Peter
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page