Where can I find a guide on optimizing the picture on my Samsung TX-P2764? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm finally getting HD service installed (Dish Network) this weekend so I'm excited to see what kind of picture I get out my Samsung TX-P2764 27" CRT in the living room. I got it for free a few years ago from some friends who were moving. It will display up to 1080i, but aside from actual resolution, I was wondering what I could do to improve the picture? It's not bad now, but from what I've read here, HD CRT sets can really look good if they are properly set up. I've searched all over for information on optimizing the picture but have found nothing. Can anyone recommend a source or some settings to start with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post

I'm finally getting HD service installed (Dish Network) this weekend so I'm excited to see what kind of picture I get out my Samsung TX-P2764 27" CRT in the living room. I got it for free a few years ago from some friends who were moving. It will display up to 1080i, but aside from actual resolution, I was wondering what I could do to improve the picture? It's not bad now, but from what I've read here, HD CRT sets can really look good if they are properly set up. I've searched all over for information on optimizing the picture but have found nothing. Can anyone recommend a source or some settings to start with?
To access the service menu:

With the TV powered off... MUTE-1-8-2-POWER

Be sure to write down all of your settings BEFORE changing them!

TLK cool.gif
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Use a calibration disk to properly set the the Brightness contrast and sharpness. Stay out of the service menu if you do not know what you are doing.
If you are in Philadelphia PA PM me as I have the equipment to do a the gray scale adjustments in the service menu and work cheap.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page