Phillips 30PW8420/37 Factory settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everybody:
I have a 7-8 years old Phillips 30PW8420/37. A while ago a friend wanted to get rid of the overscan on this HDTV and accessed the service menu.
He didn't good job and the picture looks odd on the corners of the screen and I wondering if anybody knows how to reset everything to its original factory defaults and undo all the changes made in the service menu (which I have no idea how to access now).
I have been looking for a solution online for a while now and I'm hoping that somebody can help me on this one.

Thank you very much.
smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am here to say, in the kindest, most sympathetic way, that you are completely screwed. Some service menus have a reset, or a factory reset option. You should never use this as it returns the settings to a null state, without settings; you are likely to have no picture at all if you use it. The television was originally calibrated with settings that were custom made for it. No other television, even one that is the same model will have the same ideal settings as yours.

Because of this, on this or any other board dealing with CRT screens, we always, always, always advise that you take a photo of all service menu settings, or at least write them down before doing anything with any one of them. You need to know exactly what every single setting is before you change any one of them, otherwise you may never get it back to its proper state of you take it too far.

Since your buddy, however well-meaning, did not do this, there really is no way back other than guess work, which is likely to make things even worse.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page