Sony KD-34BR970 HDTV CRT television Start up Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to dianose an ongoing and slowly progressive problem, I having with my Sony WEGA HDTV model KD-34BR970. When it is initially turned on, has 3 to 4 inch tall horizontal band across center of screen with distorted blurry lines. The problem resolves itself after a few minutes as the band narrows down to one line across the screen and disappears altogether and is picture perfect until the next time tv is turned off and then restarted. The problem has been gettting worse for the last year or so. I first noticed it when it the blurry band was less than an inch tall and disappeared in less than a minute. Now it takes up to 10 minutes to resolve itself. The set otherwise operates perfectly with consistant excellent vibrant HD clarity and color, once it has warmed up. Does anyone have a best guess what circuit is starting to fail and the difficulty and expense to repair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-30-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 372
I can't answer that one try Videokarma forum /sub forum rectangular tube screen televisions .
lot of techs over there with crt repair experience sounds like a circuit part /or board fault perhaps even a failing capacitor .

link http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page