TXT3092-WHX SlimFit image issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, I'm still using this TV and I love it. I've just moved from the US to France, did all my research regarding power, transformers, got some high quality equipment for very little money and am happy to say it's all working fine. Saved myself tons of money buying new equipment.
But one thing I've noticed on the screen of this TV as I've looked a little closer is some slight, almost undetectable, bleeding of red along lines and details on the screen. Not smudges or a band of red, just the faintest hint of red outside boxes, letters, etc. What causes this? Is this one of those, "your screen's about to go" things or should I do a reset to the picture settings in the factory menu (which I happen to know how to access)? Does this sound like anything anyone's heard of?

Thanks, guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sounds like a convergence issue. Proper convergence is when the red, green, and blue guns line up at the same point on a screen, but it's rarely perfect on any set. Over time, the convergence generally worsens. Also, if the set has been moved and shook around, the convergence rings and yoke may have moved causing the red halo on white objects on the screen. If it's not too bad, I would just live with it as most crts have noticeable convergence issues. In my experience, trying to repair convergence issues generally makes the problem worse.
tinpanalley likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, cool. It's not even a halo, it's like the faintest line of darkish red. I'll see how it progresses. I would hate to have to lose this TV. I'd get another CRT-HD if I could find one here in France.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page