Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post

Indeed but none of my HD output devices will do component 1080p. Maybe my stuff is too old although two have HDMI and one has DVI. I think my Sony Blu-ray is restricted due to copyright issues, component having the lack of content protection like HDMI's HDCP. Could be WaveBoy has the same issue.
And indeed the PQ on component, I've heard some folks get better results than HDMI in some scenarios.

Again, this would be due to an equipment fault. Because component is analogue, it is possible to have a form of interference called crossover with component video. This is when the waveform of the signal is messed with, from surrounding, often "noisy" signals, be it another cable, background radiation, or anything. You just don't get that with HDMI, and interference there takes different forms visually. With properly functioning equipment though, and a screen that can accept 1080p via component, there is no reason it should not give proper results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 05-29-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Indeed but it sounds like you read my last sentence backwards. smile.gif
There is one thing for sure where component beats the pants off HDMI: cable length. That digital signal just doesn't have the strength to go as far.

post #33 of 35 Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I didn't read that backwards. A lot of people try a different connector, get results that aren't crap, no interference, not faulty, no ground loop, etc then proclaim "HDMI is inherently superior" or such. If they spent more time isolating. one connection for all variables they would have better results where they are, that's all I'm saying. There could be lots of reasons he had a less than ideal pic with component.

And cable length can be an Achilles heel in any setup. Even with adequate signalling, more length means more potential area for interference and issues, so it's always safer to keep it short.
post #34 of 35 Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Please help me.I have problem about my samsung crt tv when i plug in the power indicator is blinking only .Please help how to fix?thanks and more power....

post #35 of 35 Old 11-15-2013, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

you are right,i searched the AVS forums and the only Samsung CRT based thread available is for the HD slim fit model which goes on for 99 pages. XO Meanwhile there's nothing about this pesky DNI mode. I wouldn't mind making a thread about this in the Plasma forum, but i have a feeling somebody will shoot me down because it's CRT related. It will probably be redirected to this grave yard/CRT forum.thank you

os9n8Q

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page