Panasonic CT27HL14J Red Light Error Codes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to figure what's going on with my Panasonic CT27HL14J 27" CRT HD. When I turn it on, relays in power supply click, in HV section click, speakers start to come on, then another relay in the PS section clicks, and the power light blinks red every 6 seconds. I'm trying to figure out what this error code means. The person that owned it said they left it on all night, and this started happening. The fuse is good. I heard the degaussing coil come on before I opened it up, now it doesn't come on, and one relay near the degaussing coil is quite hot for only being on for 1 sec. This leads me to believe that it is this relay. No bad solder connections. I removed the anode cap and placed it 1cm from chassis, to see if I get corona discharge (high voltage). Nothing. Filament on CRT does not come on. Some on FixYa say it could be the horizontal output transistor, I'm not sure, and cannot find a list of these error codes. Apparently these relays are clicking, and clicking in the HV section, but transformer does not come on, feel none of that static "buzz" when I place my hand in front of the CRT, and no HV output. Any suggestions on where to start? If it is a specific transistor or component, could anyone show me a pic of it's location or give me it's number on the PCB (like Q147 or something)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, so I busted out my ohm meter/frequency counter and decided to test the horizontal deflection (output?) transistor, which the collector goes to pin 1 of the flyback. SHORTED, B-C-E all shorted to each other. Powered it up, hooked the positive of my meter and set it to frequency, and attempted powering it on with the transistor removed, still 6 sec light blinks, but I get about 30kHz for a sec or 2 beforehand. Hopefully this means nothing went with it. Any reason why this would be completely shorted with 0 ohms and 0 volts on the transistor tester? It's attached to a big heat sink so it leads me to believe leaving it on all night it got too hot. Do transistors usually fail to direct short like this?