Sony WEGA KV-32FS120 Garbled Picture 7 Blinks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony WEGA KV-32FS120 vintage ~ 2006 ... Powers up, works fine on Video 2 for a DVD ... Video 4 has the cable box, get a garbled picture that then goes to horizontal lines, audio is fine ... Swapped cable boxes and input cables ... Read the threads on the power supply board and swapping the IC's, doesn't sound like that is the issue ... Getting 7 blink red LED on start up ... Any insight or direction appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try the to Replace the Sony MCZ3001 Chips on the D-board . Im also getting the 7 blinks and when it happens it shuts down of the picture gets out of focus and shuts down . It sounds like your problem is on the D-board . Replace the chips But get the sony OEM chips not the aftermarket chips . I got mine from a guy on ebay selling the sony MCZ3001D CHIPS But I also bought the mcz3001db chips by mistake after reading on videokarma about the aftermarket chips starting on fire . Those chips are from china and are no good . Buy the OEM sony chips . My television is a sony KV-40XBR600 HDTV Set . I know what your talking about when you say its not what happing to my set .Get a free service manual from the internet you can look up the codes . You can also get a rebuilt D-board too if you look it up . It cost about 150.00 ort better . If your planning to keep the set buy the new D-board fro her , I may as well do the same too .ALSO Remove the Charge from the tube by shorting it to the grounding strap across the tube , its like a wire in there . Or the tuner is ground too . But you can let it sit for a week or so first and then check it to see if the tube has a charge . also short the two big filter caps too they too hold a big charge that can set you on your as* too .Just be carful when working on her . You can check avs for posts on fixing your sony television . I also I want to point out I think you can still fine some of the other boards too like the A board too . I hear that some models also have a sony mcz3001d chip on it too . If so replace it with a new one too . You can check the board chip or look at it to see . That's just what I read .
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page