problem with my crt kv-32cs70e television - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-27-2013, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

hi.i have a 32" crt sony wega television  7 years now.model is kv-32cs70e.the story is this.couple weeks ago my tv just died.i gave it to a service man who changed something called trofodotiko translated power supply.the problem is that with this change the settings for the format changed.i still have five different types of format (4:3,16:9,zoom,wide,smart) but are not functional.you can only see somehow with wide ,whereas before all of this the smart format was the favorite,which is why probably it was called smart.now let's just say it's not so smart anymore..anyway, i have a friend who has the same tv and was never "opened" by anyone.i took with the help of service man, the special settings that sony has,the geometry settings from this television,and i found out that indeed the numbers somehow where different from mine.i set the correct numbers but to my disappointment the television formats are still not the correct ones as before.service man gave up,my brother told me that maybe i must get the right software.but we are not experts so i write here.maybe you guys know of some way.needless to say that you are my last hope..

ps:sorry about any wrong spelling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-27-2013, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm sorry I do not know the cause of your issue, however, from the very limited description you gave, it sounds as if you have a problem similar to our own gent, gringito, detailed here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1477803/wisdom-please

If you will look at the later posts in this thread, here, you will see that the fix for him was a replacement logic board. Perhaps a logic board in your CRT was damaged when the power supply died.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page