Sony training Manuals? for CRT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello All : I was wondering if you could get a Sony training manual?? For Wega Tv's Xbr 970 D4 chase  I wish they
would not make these Tv's So hard to work on!!! Well hard if you dont know all the new Stuff !! Tv's used to be made
to last!! A television was one of the major investments in a home!! Besides car they Had  replaceable tubes!!
i remember when Solid state came out!! you could still adjust everything from the back! with nobs mostly besides
yolk adjustments! now Tv's are throw away items!! Without a throw away PRICES!!! When i was finally able to get a
Sony Wega my dream for a long time!! Drooling at Sears!! & best buy! i thought i would have a close to 20 year set??Well it has only been 7 or so not bad, but the dam convergence has been off most of that time!! Still blows away
alot of the lower priced & some higher priced LCD's In my opinion!? No lag, black levels to the moon,etc when i look at the lcd's at the store?? They just look pixelated  i can see lines when ever something moves fast across the screen!! the cheaper one especially!! there is so much Hoopla to dig through! now they have OLED & super HD @
20.000$ for a TV
!! no thank you even if i had the money that price is so over inflated!!!! once again only the rich are
the ones that get everything!! I wish i could afford a new flat panel, but for now im stuck with this one XBR970 i wish
that it was a 960 with SFP tube but TOOO LATE!! these are the last CRT sonys Made!!& the  most heavy tv ive ever
had!! hard to get upstairs!! How hard would it be to get a hold of some Sony Crt training material?? you would think
easy?? because all  most obsolete !? OH had question are permaloy  the same as magnets or something different??  Well take care ALL!!       

Thank You Kindly!! 777Thorens:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-17-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permalloy

These CRT HDTV's can be bought used at throw-away prices.

post #3 of 4 Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Yes i know that!! but i dont want a piece of junk!! rather fix mine at least i know what i have !! I noticed  the new 4k
ultra HD TV's are starting to come down$$$!! But mostly the cheap brands!! like tcl etc! By the time i have to get a new tv i will bet you my SONY  is still working!!:cool:  The prices on these flat screens is pathetic for what they are!! &
how much they cost to build!! Over population is taxing electrical grid, these flat panels take half the power!!  One good thing!! I still think for average affordable price for most so called middle class??!! should be less than $1000
for a good TV! but lets face it if you want one with a actual!! good picture!! Samsung  2000$ plus is the way to go
does anyone have any idea about Seiki they have some decent prices??! But never heard of that brand, Not  a bad
thing necessarily ?? i had a Polaroid  Tv that was  awsome ! had very good picture!! i allso would want Full Array
led not just edge lit! & what is the benefit of OLED organic led i guess they go bad  faster than others but are
 supposed to have better colors?? So much to learn &  study before buying these days!!!

Take Care All  777Thorens:)         

post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Sorry I blew up. biggrin.gif
These flat 'panels' use much less power for the same size screen, and you can get one in this size range (I've never seen a 34") for about $200. I'm not advocating them, just saying. I have an older version Panasonic of your Sony, great TV and flat panel audio can't touch it; it sold new for around $5k.
Yeah I've seen ads for those Seiki's lately, I think Walmart. I'm wary of these off the wall brands unless some good background info to support them. How about Haier? You know they're Chinese? Seems kinda sneaky they bought out a German company (for the name?).
I'm surprised a Polaroid is any good, not that the name is unknown, but TV's? Who owns them?

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page