AVS Forum banner

CRT antitrust lawsuit

651 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Floydage 
#1 ·
#2 ·

Quote:
The lawsuit claims that numerous Defendants conspired to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize prices of CRT Products resulting in overcharges to consumers who bought CRT Products such as televisions and computer monitors. The Defendants deny that they did anything wrong. The Court has not decided who is right.

That sounds like everything we (the consumer) purchases ( not limited to CRT products).

#3 ·
Indeed. Next up, lawsuit against all consumer product producers...

Now nearly a $1000 for a mere 31" I paid in '93 did seem awful high at the time. But no good as this lawsuit starts in '95.

#5 ·
Is that the RCA with the same RCA picture tube as was used in the Loewe Aconda?

Yeah if that was a Thomson RCA I've felt your pain, the aforementioned 31" was an RCA Home Theater. They obviously didn't know how to perform a proper solder process. I still have the thick service bulletin packet, most of the bulletins were related to soldering issues (micro-P shield was a standout). Mine blew a large cap for the picture tube HV and one of its solder joints was melted away. I'll probably never buy anything Thomson
again.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadThunder  /t/1523136/crt-antitrust-lawsuit#post_24546964

Suprised not to see Samsung there, someone should sue the both of them for panel lotteries which are just a way of moving cheaper parts with fat margins

"The litigation is continuing against the remaining Defendants." LG is just the first to settle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.