Sony KV-32HS510 won't power on after repair - 3 blinks one time only (not diagnostic code) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-02-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My KV-32HS510 starting showing the 7 blink diagnostic code and would usually work with the hair dryer method. After reading all the posts I replaced both mcz3001db chips on the D board using sockets. Now when i power on the set I hear a relay click and immediately get 3 blinks of the standby light one time, then another click of the same relay. Based on what I've read this is not a diagnostic code, but I can't find any information on what this means. I pulled the d board back up and resoldered the connections, and pulled the mcz3001db ic's out to make sure there were no bent legs. The only thing I haven't done is reinstalled the back on the set, but I can't see anywhere there is a safety that would keep it from powering on. I have service manual but nothing is mentioned about this condition that I can see. Can anyone offer advice on where to start?

I've gone through the Sony sticky at the top but have not been able to find this condition - 3 blinks that do not repeat.

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page