AVS Forum banner

Sony KV-32HS510 won't power on after repair - 3 blinks one time only (not diagnostic code)

710 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cact34r 
#1 ·

My KV-32HS510 starting showing the 7 blink diagnostic code and would usually work with the hair dryer method. After reading all the posts I replaced both mcz3001db chips on the D board using sockets. Now when i power on the set I hear a relay click and immediately get 3 blinks of the standby light one time, then another click of the same relay. Based on what I've read this is not a diagnostic code, but I can't find any information on what this means. I pulled the d board back up and resoldered the connections, and pulled the mcz3001db ic's out to make sure there were no bent legs. The only thing I haven't done is reinstalled the back on the set, but I can't see anywhere there is a safety that would keep it from powering on. I have service manual but nothing is mentioned about this condition that I can see. Can anyone offer advice on where to start?

I've gone through the Sony sticky at the top but have not been able to find this condition - 3 blinks that do not repeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.