AVS Forum banner

Sony KV-M2170D width adjustment through Service menu locked?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Stegoo 
#1 ·

Hi,

I currently am trying to use a Sony KV-M2170D in an old arcade cabinet. The picture is fine over SCART, however the width and vertical size need to be adjusted.

I ordered a remote RM-839 (As I did not have the original) and entered the service menu. On the first page I can use my cursor keys to adjust AGC and PLL values. However, if I enter into the adjustement menu item and navivate to the vert and width settings, I can not seem to change them. Are they locked in some way? All the settings in the 'Adjustment' section seem to be locked.

I'm getting a very nice picture (but it is overscanning), so I would really like to use this tube in the cabinet.

Am I doing something wrong? Or did I miss something?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·

On some Sony's old CRT, changes in service menu ("Adjustement" section) need to be made on a 50hz mode. 

I'm not sure but i think the scart RGB from JAMMA or similar is 60hz, try to adjust settings with a 50hz composite source through scart or video-in (yellow RCA).

Works for me on Sony KV-14M1A

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.