Strange Component Issue with Sony KV-27FS12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-14-2014, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I picked up a 27 inch FD Trinitron recently and while it's quite nice the component does not seem to be working at all.

First off, when you switch to the component input (even without any device plugged in and powered on), the whole screen is a solid blue instead of the usual black. Everything remains blue even with something plugged and turned on, and the image seems to have trouble staying focused - it often gets distorted and seems to "jump" before returning to normal, if that makes any sense. It seems that there is a lack of green coloring in the picture - there is red and blue but no green. See the attached image - the letters are red but everything else is blue.

I tried using both my PS2 and my Wii. Both of them work fine on the same TV's composite. I tried using them with component on another TV - again, fine. Someone nearby does TV repairs and told me that he does service CRTs, but I'd like to know if this is something I can conceivably fix myself before I spend money on it, especially since it seems to be an issue solely with the component inputs and not anything else about the TV.

As you can see almost everything is blue. There is red present, however, no green.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Without an input a blue screen mode is a possibility but I'm not intimate with that model.

Check and/or try another set of cables. Make sure the Red Green Blue connections of the cables aren't crossed, if crossed it will produce some unusual colors (try it it's fun! biggrin.gif ).

If it comes down to the TV get an estimate first. CRTs are all over Craigslist from free to very cheap. I recently saw an ad in north Dallas for a school giving away 100s of 'em.

GL!

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page