Samsung TXM 2796 or Zenith C27V22? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2002, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have decided to purchase a 27 inch hdtv to replace my recently departed Tera. I had originally purchased the Akai clone of the Samsung 2791(non-HDTV) but it and another I tried out had serious convergence problems(colorations around lettering etc). Based on positive comments of the Samsung TXM 2796 I brought that unit home and have been generally pleased with it. However, I have discovered one flaw which has led me to consider bringing home the Zenith C27V22. The Samsung exhibits a faint 1/2 inch vertical line running down the center of the screen approx.on the 2 tuner PIP break(the Samsung TXM 2796 is not supposed to have PIP but it can be turned on via the service menu-only works on composite inputs though). I checked 2 floor models out at Sears and Best Buy and they both exhibited this flaw as well. Many people would not notice this right away depending on the source material. I have to decide whether I can live with this or not. That is why I am considering the Zenith. It has some additional features not found on the Samsung(an extra S-video input and both on the back as opposed to the one on the side of the Samsung, an RGB input, 3D comb filter and PIP-S video inputs I believe). However I have not read anything about it anywhere. In addition, I do not know how to access the service menu on the Zenith nor do I know if VSM can be turned off. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2002, 08:56 PM

I would avoid any model HDTV set that can't be adjusted with a service menu. They all need geometry and overscan adjustments!
Old 07-23-2002, 12:58 AM

Is the line visible only when using PIP?
Old 07-23-2002, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Actually I do not use the PIP. It is visible in all modes.