Sony C520K artisan with Sony CPD-G520P tube - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony C520K artisan with Sony CPD-G520P tube

I am wondering if i can take my Sony Artisans internal hardware and put it into my CPD-G520P case (or put my G520P tube into my artisan) the Artisan which i got on craigslist for $20 has noticeable screen burn and i see no way to fix it short of another tube, and my G520P has a better tube

would this work at all? or is the tube different (both .24mm and support same resolutions and refresh rates)

what would be easier? putting the C520K hardware minus tube into the G520P body? or the G520P tube into the C520K body?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-19-2014, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have done some research and it looks like the schematics are the same with just different ICs, the only differences seem to be in the A1 board (video board with VGA connections that processes video signal and sends to the tube) and the N board (CPU board)

not 100% sure about everything else so i will need to research this, but if i am correct i can easily turn my G520P into a C520K by swapping 2 circuit boards, not sure where the eeprom chip is, so unless its on one of those boards i will have to flash it to a C520K

of course thats if no one buys my C520K on ebay.

edit: looks like the TXD and RXD pins for the ECS go to the N board, so i would assume the EEPROM is on the N board

Last edited by superchad; 08-20-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays
Gear in this thread - C520K by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page