I need help accessing my RCA 20v500t's service menu - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-24-2015, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question I need help accessing my RCA 20v500t's service menu

Hi. I have an RCA 20v500t TV and I need to access the service menu to chance the vertical size of my screen. It's cut off by about 10-15 pixels for some reason. There is no option on my remote/normal tv menu to change this either. I have been going bonkers trying to find it because it bugs me for some reason.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20V500T.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	794058   Click image for larger version

Name:	41G8U1zqWuL.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	794066  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-25-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I hope you get a service menu answer as I have what appears to be a somewhat similar 27". Sick of stretched faces and one corner that bends downward. I suspect this era of RCAs were poorly adjusted in the factory.

BTW have you tried other sources/inputs? My geometry/stretched faces is good with a converter box using composite or s-video, poor with the built-in HD DTV tuner and component (so in my case maybe an HD-side adjustment).

post #3 of 6 Old 06-25-2015, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post
I hope you get a service menu answer as I have what appears to be a somewhat similar 27". Sick of stretched faces and one corner that bends downward. I suspect this era of RCAs were poorly adjusted in the factory.

BTW have you tried other sources/inputs? My geometry/stretched faces is good with a converter box using composite or s-video, poor with the built-in HD DTV tuner and component (so in my case maybe an HD-side adjustment).
Hi Floydage. I tried plugging my system in different composite inputs and there was no change.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-26-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissyBurns View Post
Hi Floydage. I tried plugging my system in different composite inputs and there was no change.
It looks like it has an RF (coax) input and an s-video input, you might try those too if you have anything to drive those inputs.

Now keep in mind that some sources' aspect settings will overdrive vertically and/or horizontally. For instance, most of the 4:3 settings on DTV converter boxes are over-zoomed (they might have done that intentionally so as not to have noisy image transition lines due to variations of different TVs). You might see what it does if you set your source aspect ratio to letterbox (black bars on top and bottom); and even compare the different aspect settings.

post #5 of 6 Old 06-26-2015, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissyBurns View Post
Hi. I have an RCA 20v500t TV and I need to access the service menu to chance the vertical size of my screen. It's cut off by about 10-15 pixels for some reason. There is no option on my remote/normal tv menu to change this either. I have been going bonkers trying to find it because it bugs me for some reason.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Pretty sure its not the TV with the problem its your source material. First check your cable/satellite receiver to verify it is displaying in the correct format 16:9 4:3 etc. Zoom or unzoomed.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-26-2015, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post
It looks like it has an RF (coax) input and an s-video input, you might try those too if you have anything to drive those inputs.

Now keep in mind that some sources' aspect settings will overdrive vertically and/or horizontally. For instance, most of the 4:3 settings on DTV converter boxes are over-zoomed (they might have done that intentionally so as not to have noisy image transition lines due to variations of different TVs). You might see what it does if you set your source aspect ratio to letterbox (black bars on top and bottom); and even compare the different aspect settings.
I have tried my RF box and there is no change. The NES can't do s-video un-modded so I could not try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbruce13 View Post
Pretty sure its not the TV with the problem its your source material. First check your cable/satellite receiver to verify it is displaying in the correct format 16:9 4:3 etc. Zoom or unzoomed.

I don't have a cable box hooked up, just a VCR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays