Panasonic CT-30WX54 not turning on after power outage - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old 07-19-2015, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic CT-30WX54 not turning on after power outage

Hello - I have a CT-30WX54 that is in *mint* condition. Light use in my home, bought just around 6 years ago... which I know by modern purchase cycles is a lifetime, but I'd still like to repair it.

Friday night it was working fine. Yesterday sometime during the day there was a power failure - I believe the power company blew a transformer and the power didn't come on until sometime during the night. Anyway, went to turn on my TV today to watch a video and it's DOA... no light, no clicking sounds, nothing. It was plugged into a surge protector, and the other AV equipment that share this protector appear to be fine.

I read some other posts suggesting it might be an internal fuse issue. I would really really appreciate it if someone here who has worked on these sets might help me along with troubleshooting it.

I have a service manual for the CT-30WX52, but not the WX54. In the one I have, I don't seem to see where the fuses are. If the WX54 is setup like the WX52, I see an F801 on the replacement part list, but cant' find on the diagrams... nor any other fuses.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2015, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I'd look for a line fuse inside right after the cord enters the set. Oftentimes they're on their own module.

post #3 of 4 Old Today, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fuse uncertain: fast v. medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post
I'd look for a line fuse inside right after the cord enters the set. Oftentimes they're on their own module.
There is was staring me in the face, definitely the culprit. It's a 6.3A 125V Fast blow M-type (with the little balls on the filament), looks like 233 printed on the cap (Littlefuse series 233?), and clearly has F printed there as well, but after a look at Littlefuse's products I find they list 233 series as medium-acting fuses.

I know I should be able to pop in any 6.3A 125V Fast acting fuse and be "safe", but I don't want to have it blow unnecessarily so should I go with the 233 medium acting fuse?
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I would stick with what you got unless you see a different part in the closest model parts list you have (i.e. maybe someone changed it before). Of course they're fast acting for a reason, to prevent surges from frying your TV's circuitry. Now if you have a 'premium' surge protector then you should be OK regardless (note the one you have didn't stop it from blowing, unless it's supposed to be a medium acting fuse).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page