Building a DisplayPort/DVI/HDMI to VGA Adapter - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-10-2016, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Building a DisplayPort/DVI/HDMI to VGA Adapter

Wanting to make an Adapter to keep using my secondary monitor, a CRT at 1920x1440@75Hz

Is anyone hear familiar enough with ICs to make such an adapter?

RAMDAC would be an ADV7123 330MHz 10-bit RAMDAC.

I need a device which can accept GTF timings and drive the RAMDAC, options are:

1. ADV7619, which would require interleaving of or combining of the dual 24-bit busses (odd and even pixels)

2. STDP4020 hooked up (no idea how to, can't find detailed data sheets.)

not sure on how to hook up the ADV7619, I don't know how i can Interleave or Combine, and even if i could i have no idea how to hook up composite sync and blank signals to the ADV7123

this thread here may provide a bit of info that could be useful.

https://ez.analog.com/thread/46833

obviously if i need other ICs that is fine, just need to know what to drive the ADV7123 with, and what else is needed.

anyone know enough to help? this would allow up to 1920x1440@81-82Hz for a CRT Monitor, with the ADV7619 i know it could only do 8-bits per pixel, but better than nothing.

Last edited by superchad; 06-10-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-11-2016, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found a datasheet for the STDP4020 maybe this could help with wiring it up, looks like it contains similar outputs to the ADV7169

http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20...20_4010_DS.pdf

it also provides the HS, VS, DE (Data Enable), and CLK that the ADV7169 provides, but appears to support a higher pixel clock

from the datasheet
"The 60-bit LVTTL output ports can be mapped to
transfer video data either in two pixels per clock or single pixel per clock up to 330 MHz pixel rate"

it also has odd and even channels for color data
does it only use half of them if in single pixel per clock mode? so i can just wire up the two devices? or does it send pixels alternating and need to be interleaved like the ADV7169 does?

after figuring that out what do i have to do for NBLANK and NSYNC for the ADV7123? is this the DE pin? the clock? or something else, if something else what is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page