Closed Thread

post #421 of 423 Old 10-25-2003, 12:12 AM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 121
If you really want to torture yourselves, phosphor trails are easist to see in scenes with moving lights/highlights against a dark background, like a nighttime city car chase for example. Turn all ambient light in your room off as well.

The anti-glare coating may make the trails a bit easier to see on the 34xbr800 and 910. However, I think as long as you use a healthy amount of ambient light they shouldn't be too great a distraction. Since the trails aren't too bright, the ambient light ought to keep your pupils from dilating so they're not as visible.

ADU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 423 Old 10-25-2003, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
did you guys see this review?:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...&page_number=1

I don't have the dough to buy the XBR910 but if anyone can tell me some cheaper options please reply in my other thread
post #423 of 423 Old 10-26-2003, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by jminer1
Matrix Reloaded also has massive trailing problems. I had my friends over watching it and one of my friends was like "wow, did you just see Neo's head appear in the background?". I was like, that was just my TV. If the movie is showing a bright scene and then cuts quickly to a dark scene, the brighter image stays on screen for a second. It can get really annoying. My friends were amazed that I spent so much on my TV yet it has a problem such as this.
Okay, I capped some pics to demonstrate the problem. After reading Jminer's post, I watched Reloaded, and I can't believe how bad the trailing is in this flick. This is definitely the new "reference" disk for trailing.

I've created a new thread to post my pictures. They didn't come out as well as I was hoping, but I think they still show the problem pretty well.

Feel free to move the trailing discussion to that thread, so we can stop growing this one for this problem.
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page