Zenith C32V37 with integrated HDTV tuner - mini review - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #451 of 458 Old 01-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What sort of image quality issue are you having?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 458 Old 01-04-2005, 05:28 PM

The image quality is kind of grainy and fuzzy for lack of a better description. When I compare the component pq against the svideo output, the svideo easily looks more defined.
post #453 of 458 Old 01-04-2005, 05:39 PM

That's odd as my PQ is perfect, though now I'm wondering if I'm using component input from the DVD player--I can't remember as it's been so long since I set it up. Will have a look when I get home. Meantime, the only thing I can think of is to a) make sure the connections are really tight and/or b) try another or better set of component cables.

What model DVD player are you using? Perhaps there's a problem with the machine separating the signals?
post #454 of 458 Old 01-12-2005, 12:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What does Z-View do on the 37, folks?

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #455 of 458 Old 01-12-2005, 05:04 PM

Q, Q, Q!! Do you remember the hilarity of successive responses I got back from Zenith about the Z-View function? I posted them here. Oh, it was pitiful. No one could tell me EXACTLY what it adjusted, only that 'it made the picture better'. When I asked to have my inquiry forwarded to tech support, I never got a response back.

Now, if you do a search on this thread or the other Zenith thread, someone had postulated what they felt Z-View did. I believe it had to do with black levels, but I can't be certain.
post #456 of 458 Old 01-12-2005, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Q of BanditZ
This first point I'm sure has nothing to do with the TV whatsoever.

My cable company's STB's really degrade the picture to an appalling degree. So I stopped using them. It's really sad when their supposedly best hardware does such an obvious knockdown to the PQ.

I rely on the TV's tuner for everything. I won't pay extra for trash like that.

This second point does have something to do with the TV:

I've noticed, for whatever reason, CBS-HD, for me has had an AV synch problem. The audio will either be a second (at most)behind or ahead of the video signal. The PQ is great, it sounds great, it's simply off synch. I don't see this anywhere else.

And yes, I still have the chirping on 720p broadcasts. I guess I'm just going to be forced to live with that. I really hate that.It's loud and it's not coming from the speakers, but from the actual set itself, in the rear somewhere.

Beyond that, this TV has served me quite well.

Here's just an observation/nit.

I have a 27 inch Sony WEGA analog set in the living room. Down in the basement, I have my late father's Sony WEGA XBR400 which is a first gen HD Monitor.

All of these TV's have no cable STB's, strictly coax cable going from wall to set.

To me, there's a pretty obvious PQ difference between the Zenith and these Sony sets, especially on SD material. HD is fairly close.

Any thoughts on that? Is that just superior circuitry in the Sonys or what?
I get out of synch a/v occasionally on ABC-HD. Usually, leaving the station and returning fixes the problem. Have had similar issues crop up when watching DVD's in the past.
post #457 of 458 Old 01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pgran
Q, Q, Q!! Do you remember the hilarity of successive responses I got back from Zenith about the Z-View function? I posted them here. Oh, it was pitiful. No one could tell me EXACTLY what it adjusted, only that 'it made the picture better'. When I asked to have my inquiry forwarded to tech support, I never got a response back.

Now, if you do a search on this thread or the other Zenith thread, someone had postulated what they felt Z-View did. I believe it had to do with black levels, but I can't be certain.
I do remember that. :p

Oh well: It seems to do good things, so...meh, I'll keep it on. ;)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #458 of 458 Old 06-15-2005, 06:36 AM

besides the well-known 15-2116, which is about $30, will any Radio Shack remote control with a green "P" button do the same job?

i have seen some that are $9.99 and with a green "p" button.

also, some of the more expensive Kameleon remote controls from Radio Shack have that button as well.

if we use it just as a service remote, then $10 would be a pretty good deal compared to $30.
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page