Sony XBR40 - HTM MX800 Picture Size - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2003, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a 4 month old Sony XBR40 and have a minor problem with the picture. All of my video inputs appear to be slightly too large for the screen. For example, the DVI fed picture from my Samsung HD DirecTv receiver doesn't quite fit on the screen. The title bar at the top of the screen when I hit the 'Info' button is difficult to read because the picture is barely too large for the screen.
Where I really notice this issue is when I use my HTPC through my Sony. In this instance, the task bar at the bottom of the screen is less than half visible and icons at the top of the screen are also half visible.
The good news.....I don't notice this issue during normal television or DVD program viewing.
My question - Is there any way for me to adjust the television to deal with this through the service menu or otherwise? Do any other 40XBR owners, or any other monitor owners, have this prooblem?
Overall I LOVE the monitor and have never regretted the purchase, but I would like to resolve this little issue if possible.
Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-26-2003, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Check you Samsung Box settings. I beleive you have a 4:3 TV, and you may be set to 16:9. Same with your DVD player if that also causes a problem. If that's not it, you have an overscan issue.
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page