Samsung TXP3071WH - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 254 Old 04-07-2005, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's in the service menu settings and in the regular menu, 'Melody'.

http://www.***************.com/htsth.../page/0#420014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 254 Old 04-07-2005, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brainodo

Not on my particular model, the TX-P3075WH. It may be in the service menu, but I do not have a melody option under the normal sound menu. I would tinker in the service menu, but I've done enough damage there already.
post #183 of 254 Old 04-08-2005, 08:07 AM

Well, that's just surreal. What an odd option for Samsung to remove. Can you lower the sound to zero in the Service Menu? It shouldn't conflict with anything else.
post #184 of 254 Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Charles
Not on my particular model, the TX-P3075WH. It may be in the service menu, but I do not have a melody option under the normal sound menu. I would tinker in the service menu, but I've done enough damage there already.

I turned it off in the service menu for my TXP-3071, not option in the normal menu.
post #185 of 254 Old 04-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Brainodo

thanks for the link, got rid of the horrible red push with one of those service settings.
post #186 of 254 Old 05-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Does anyone else here use an upscaling dvd player with this TV? I have the Panny s97 and I have some serious macroblocking issues. Anyone else had any troubles? If so, anyway to correct it? thanks
post #187 of 254 Old 05-07-2005, 09:01 PM

Does anyone have any modelines for linux/X (or the out put from powerstrip in windows) for this tv?

I fought with it for a long time over the past couple of days, and managed one that is a slightly reduced 720p, but I have no Vertical overscan, and about 10 px on eitherside horizontal overscan.

Here is the modeline I got for that:

"1152x648" 73.963 1152 1312 1344 1664 648 688 693 746 +hsync +vsync

I'm interested in a 1080i or 540p timing. When I try and watch some of my recorded content (from mythtv) which is from 1080, I have to mess with the deinterlacing filters and they don't play nice with the cpu when I'm watching 720p content, so I have to mess with the settings continually. I was hoping that I could maybe get a 540p timing and get the best of both worlds.

Thanks.
post #188 of 254 Old 05-13-2005, 03:54 AM

My TXP4364 has serious geometry problems - I used AVAI to fine turn it, I found that the vertical line at both side bend to the edges... how can I fix that in the service menu? thanks
post #189 of 254 Old 06-01-2005, 07:10 AM

Apparently the QAM firmware fix had a bug in it. Here is what my local tech guy said:

HERE WAS A GLITCH IN THEIR FIRMWARE UPDATE AND THEY ARE WORKING ON
IT.

This is for the TPX series.

Will post when I know more.

PS. How well does the optical audio work?
post #190 of 254 Old 06-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post

thanks for the link, got rid of the horrible red push with one of those service settings.

I know I'm replying to a pretty old post, but if you're still reading this thread, what setting did you use for COL_AXIS, and now that it's been a month or so, how do you like your picture?

I followed the advice of that thread and set mine to 1, but I immediately felt like everything then had a green cast to it. It was not my imagination, and it was really obvious in 4:3 content where shadow areas were bumped right up against the grey pillarbox. The shadow areas were always greenish in comparison.

I changed my COL_AXIS setting to 0, which looks like it's sort of in between settings 1 and 2, and I'm now happy with my picture. It may have a slight red push to it but I'll take that over the green push I got with 1, and it's much better than the extreme red push of the default 2.
post #191 of 254 Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasscat View Post

I know I'm replying to a pretty old post, but if you're still reading this thread, what setting did you use for COL_AXIS, and now that it's been a month or so, how do you like your picture?

I followed the advice of that thread and set mine to 1, but I immediately felt like everything then had a green cast to it. It was not my imagination, and it was really obvious in 4:3 content where shadow areas were bumped right up against the grey pillarbox. The shadow areas were always greenish in comparison.

I changed my COL_AXIS setting to 0, which looks like it's sort of in between settings 1 and 2, and I'm now happy with my picture. It may have a slight red push to it but I'll take that over the green push I got with 1, and it's much better than the extreme red push of the default 2.

not sure, I set it to whatever that link said to set it. So far I like the setting but I was flipping through the channels a few nights ago and the show NCIS was on and it had horrible red push again. I thought it went away with that setting Oh I dont seem to have any green push though, still not 100% happy with the tv picture too.
post #192 of 254 Old 06-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post

not sure, I set it to whatever that link said to set it. So far I like the setting but I was flipping through the channels a few nights ago and the show NCIS was on and it had horrible red push again. I thought it went away with that setting

I think the problem is CBS, not the TV. Everything on CBS in HD is way over-saturated and red. It's not true of any other channel, but you and me are seeing the same thing so I'm sure the issue is with CBS.

If I just turn down the color on CBS, everything looks pretty much fine. CBS may be adding their own "red push" to their signal, I guess, but I think it's more likely that most people have a natural pink-ish skin tone (however slight) and the fact that CBS is so over-saturated is making everybody appear red-skinned.

Even when I had a green tint on every other channel with COL_AXIS=1, CBS still looked really red. I'm sure the problem is them, not us.

(btw, this is true of both OTA and HD cable through component... so it's not the TV tuner doing it either.)
post #193 of 254 Old 08-16-2005, 08:47 AM

I am not sure if anybody is still reading this topic, but I haven't found any answer to QAM issue after reading all the replies here.
So I called Samsung tech support but they said there is no firmware upgrade for TXP3071WH. And the guy told me QAM function doesn't allow me to get either digital or HD channels w/o STB..... What the hell......????
I explained to him what I read from this forum about QAM, and he told that was not true and kept insisting that I have to have STB for HD/Digital channels.
I don't have good knowledge on this matter like some people in this forum, so I couldn't really argue with him too long, so I just hung up the phone.
I purchased my set Nov'04 and Live in NYC area.
Anybody know any service center in this area or advice on how I should go by?
post #194 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydl View Post

I am not sure if anybody is still reading this topic, but I haven't found any answer to QAM issue after reading all the replies here.
So I called Samsung tech support but they said there is no firmware upgrade for TXP3071WH. And the guy told me QAM function doesn't allow me to get either digital or HD channels w/o STB..... What the hell......????
I explained to him what I read from this forum about QAM, and he told that was not true and kept insisting that I have to have STB for HD/Digital channels.
I don't have good knowledge on this matter like some people in this forum, so I couldn't really argue with him too long, so I just hung up the phone.
I purchased my set Nov'04 and Live in NYC area.
Anybody know any service center in this area or advice on how I should go by?

I see no evidence that this set includes "QAM support." It has a built-in ATSC tuner, but no Cable Card or "QAM" support. However, with an antenna and a good local digital broadcast signal, you should easily be able to bring in local digital broadcasts.

Take a look:

http://product.samsung.com/SamsungUS...24/txp3071.pdf

Good Luck!
post #195 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Thanks for reply and info on the TV set, justsc.
But when I do auto-channel, it asks me if I want to use QAM or not, so I thought I have this function or is it just there to tease me?????
I've already tried OTA and got few local HD channels, but I want to get more through cable connection without paying a lot of extra money for dtv and extra hd channels.
Is it impossible???
post #196 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for reply and info on the TV set, justsc.
But when I do auto-channel, it asks me if I want to use QAM or not, so I thought I have this function or is it just there to tease me?????
I've already tried OTA and got few local HD channels, but I want to get more through cable connection without paying a lot of extra money for dtv and extra hd channels.
Is it impossible???

That's really strange. I closely scrutinized the Samsung docs and I see nothing about QAM capability. So, you have a good question - why does the OSG give you a choice?

I have sent an email to a Samsung contact and will post the answer.
post #197 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 01:54 PM

Ive got the 3064 or whatever it is (built in memory card, tuner, DNie, etc) and I took my set to be upgraded to the firmware supporting qam. it DEFINATLEY DOES . I dont subscribe to cable in my new apt, so I cant take some pics, but trust me, its worked int the past. the qam tuner SUCKS tho, it takes about 20 seconds to change channels
post #198 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

krazydl,

This unit does indeed have QAM. I can't help you with how it works because I must use a STB.

Good Luck!
post #199 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 02:11 PM

That's what I'm saying!!!
Thanks a million for helping me, justsc!
Please let me know if you get any further info.

mprover, I saw a lot of pleople saying they got the firmware upgrade, but how can I get the upgrade, or where?
Did you have to call SAMSUNG first or did you just call local service center?
post #200 of 254 Old 08-17-2005, 06:32 PM

call samsung, talk to the teir 1 tech, they wont know much , so try to get them to connect you to the higher ups. There was a guy who you should ask for , but I forget his name. Waht youll eventually do is bring the TV to a samsung service center where they should upgrade it for free (if its under warrenty). Call a couple of places, one place did it for free, one wanted $100
post #201 of 254 Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's what I'm saying!!!
Thanks a million for helping me, justsc!
Please let me know if you get any further info.

mprover, I saw a lot of pleople saying they got the firmware upgrade, but how can I get the upgrade, or where?
Did you have to call SAMSUNG first or did you just call local service center?

I sent off another email to my Samsung contact regarding the firmware upgrade. Apparently there's a problem with the upgrade itself, so they've stopped doing it until the problems are resolved.
post #202 of 254 Old 08-18-2005, 09:11 AM

justsc , let me know what the problem with theupdate is. My sets working perfectly
post #203 of 254 Old 08-18-2005, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprover View Post

justsc , let me know what the problem with theupdate is. My sets working perfectly

The update covered more sets than the one mentioned in this post. Since you haven't had any problems, maybe the "problem" doesn't affect your model. I don't have the details of the upgrade and am not in a position to find out those kinds of details.
post #204 of 254 Old 08-18-2005, 11:11 AM

I have the 3075, the service tech came out to do the upgrade, but couldn't get the laptop and software to sinc up with the tv. He called Samsung(who are the people that sent him the firmware to start with), and they told him to stop the process at once and to NOT do the upgrade. They then told him there was a problem with it, so he stopped and left and now I can't get any staight answers from Samsung.

Mark
post #205 of 254 Old 08-18-2005, 01:00 PM

Thanks, mprover & justsc!
I guess I better wait to see if this upgrade will happen or not.
Probably calling Samsung would not help me at all.

If you guys hear any news about this upgrade, please post it.
And I will try to find out too.
Probably, call few local Samsung service centers and see if they know anything about it.

Thanks again, guys!
post #206 of 254 Old 09-19-2005, 12:19 PM

I called a local Samsung repair co, and they weren't able to track down a firmware upgrade. I'm now past my warranty. So if anyone has the "orginal" firmware and instructions. Can you send it to me?
post #207 of 254 Old 10-16-2005, 03:10 PM

Well, I have the TXP-2670WH and I had the firmware upgrade done last year around December to fix my QAM tuner to get it working. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, my TV broke and I called Samsung and they extended my warranty and had it fixed under warranty which the local center basically changed the whole board inside. I got back my TV and now I must have some newer firmware on this board that not only does not have a functioning QAM tuner any more, it also removed any mention of the QAM tuner in the menus like when going under Cable it asks if your cable is QAM capable, not there anymore.

I called Samsung and finally after tracking my original request for the QAM to be fixed sent the repair order to the local facility here who is telling me they cannot order that firmware because its no longer available. I call back Samsung and I got left on hold too long and I had to get off the phone on friday cause of Shabbat (Jewish Holiday) and was left in the limbo. I was in the process of explaining a new guy the situation showing him the previous fix plus that my documentation in the manual does show the QAM tuner as being a feature and that if I dont get the feature restored, I want either my money for my TV as that was the only reason I had originally got the TV because I dont have good reception for HDTV OTA, or they send me out a T-451 STB tuner which has a QAM tuner. I gotta call back monday to see whats up. I really hope they track down this firmware and get permission to send to me instead of having a repair guy come out and do the upgrade and restore my beloved QAM tuner.
post #208 of 254 Old 10-17-2005, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

It really sounds like Samsung doesn't know their collective a$$e$ from a hole in the ground.

I'm a big Samsung fan, but this is getting really old. Their online data sheets are reality challenged, their regional managers are out of sync with development and engineering, and the manuals are challenged as well.

I've been trying to get a simple answer as to whether or not the SlimFits have QAM, and even those on the inside are unsure.

I'm losing my patience with Samsung, and I'm not even a dissatisfied owner!

I may no longer be able to recommend Samsung sets.
post #209 of 254 Old 10-20-2005, 02:56 PM

Bradbomb...
I just bought the txp2670wh as well and called samsung...they said they are not using the firmware since it caused problems (as evidenced by your experience) and that they would call me back in 24 hours (49 hours ago)

I fear qam will never work on these tv's. everyone should have started a class action lawsuit since initially, the tv's advertised hdtv with a built in qam tuner...sigh...

if you have any new info, i'd love to hear it and I'll do the same.
post #210 of 254 Old 10-21-2005, 04:17 PM

I just received the update CD in the mail from Samsung. The problem I had with my tv was unrelated to the QAM tuner. I was using the QAM tuner from January when I had the update installed till this past September when the TV died. The update is not installing on this new board and am currently on hold with Samsung Tier 2 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locker217 View Post

Bradbomb...
I just bought the txp2670wh as well and called samsung...they said they are not using the firmware since it caused problems (as evidenced by your experience) and that they would call me back in 24 hours (49 hours ago)

I fear qam will never work on these tv's. everyone should have started a class action lawsuit since initially, the tv's advertised hdtv with a built in qam tuner...sigh...

if you have any new info, i'd love to hear it and I'll do the same.

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page