The Official Samsung SlimFit HDTV Thread... - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2851 of 2853 Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Can this discussion be contained to ONE thread?
Sponsored Links
post #2852 of 2853 Old 08-25-2015, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Originally Posted by JohnHammock View Post
Well I looked through the first 10 pages of the CRT forum and I still haven't found an official thread for the Sony. But yes I do have this Samsung as well. My brother found it at a yard sale thinking that the 4:3 screen size would fix the glitch problem, but didn't. The Sony is widescreen. Apparently theyre both upscaling no matter the screen size and shape. So I found a few threads that were actually talking about resolution to post in. But thanks for the advice guys. If you happen to run across a better thread please let me know. Thanks.
Search function:

34" version:

And now the Samsung. I'd still be surprised if they're upscaling on on those inputs but I don't know that TV either (my Panasonic widescreen HD CRT doesn't, but there is a game mode that makes stuff look cruddy). Of course maybe they're doing something other than upscaling. Have you read the manuals?

Are you zooming the image? That'll amplify the crud. My friends with the DirecTV SD service - it would only output 4:3. So the wife insisted on the stretch aspect to fill their 16:9 screen claiming "that's how it's supposed to look." Drove me nuts to look at sideways-stretched images. I think it's suspicious you only have the problem with this service...

post #2853 of 2853 Old 08-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have one of the UK 720p Samsung slim ones and I found the PQ awful, picture is so dull and unsharp, I felt the same about a Samsung tv I owned from about 2001.

Its that blacks look gray more than anything, on the other hand my 21 inch Samsung SD tv from about 2004 blows every other tv out of the water to the point where people I know who are used to lcd tvs think the colours are over saturated.
Sponsored Links
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page