XBR960: A truly AMAZING ISF experience! - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 146 Old 04-22-2006, 06:14 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
GlenC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Los Angeles - Whittier, CA
Posts: 2,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One way to put this into perspective is: think of your DV TV like an oncoming car with the headlights on. At night they can be blinding or hurt your eyes and reduce your ability to see anything else in front of you. During the day, you see it all. Using the back/bias light equalizes the luminance in your field of view increasing your ability to see dark detail while adding comfort to the eyes in bright scenes. Having lights on or areas illuminated in front of the TV increases the potential for reflections in the screen that can be distracting.

The important thing is to have a major portion of your field of view illuminated. This is where the bias lighting is so effective.

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GlenC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 146 Old 04-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Member
 
GOLDFLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased the Ideal Lume Pro in September of 2002 to see if eye strain induced headaches would go away and it did the trick. Est. 10,000 plus hours of use.


SONY KD-36XS955
GOLDFLOW is offline  
post #123 of 146 Old 04-23-2006, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
epicbloodline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i dont know who's who but do you guys think the tech would ever come to new jersey to set up my xbr960?

xboxlive: BLACKSOULTRAIN or SILVERBACK XXL
epicbloodline is offline  
post #124 of 146 Old 04-23-2006, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
justsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline
i dont know who's who but do you guys think the tech would ever come to new jersey to set up my xbr960?
Given your location I'm certain you could get a top knotch calibrator to your place. Go to the Display Calibration section, right below this one in the AVS forums screen and post your question there. All the major calibrators check-in there regularly. Also look to Imaging Science Foundation to locate a trained calibrator in your area:

http://www.imagingscience.com/

Best of Luck! ;)
justsc is offline  
post #125 of 146 Old 04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
epicbloodline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsc
Given your location I'm certain you could get a top knotch calibrator to your place. Go to the Display Calibration section, right below this one in the AVS forums screen and post your question there. All the major calibrators check-in there regularly. Also look to Imaging Science Foundation to locate a trained calibrator in your area:

http://www.imagingscience.com/

Best of Luck! ;)
nah...... i want this guy to do the job!

does chad have a direct phone number

xboxlive: BLACKSOULTRAIN or SILVERBACK XXL
epicbloodline is offline  
post #126 of 146 Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
alfbinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Old Brooklyn (Cleveland), Ohio
Posts: 3,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline
nah...... i want this guy to do the job!

does chad have a direct phone number
He did my DLP Mits set this past Saturday (4/29/06). Very impressed with his skill and his demeanor-just a nice guy.

Phone number taken from the ISF Forum site: 937/233-8053. You can start the process by going to his website: http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/ That's what I did. Not sure if he gets to your neck of the woods but sure couldn't hurt to ask.

I am a very satisfied customer.

Chad Billheimer rocks as a ISF Calibrator for Ohio.
Roller Coaster season is upon us. Proud member of American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) Woodies Rule!
alfbinet is offline  
post #127 of 146 Old 05-01-2006, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbinet
He did my DLP Mits set this past Saturday (4/29/06). Very impressed with his skill and his demeanor-just a nice guy.

Phone number taken from the ISF Forum site: 937/233-8053. You can start the process by going to his website: http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/ That's what I did. Not sure if he gets to your neck of the woods but sure couldn't hurt to ask.

I am a very satisfied customer.

As am I. :)

He's busy as all get out, but for business, if he sees an email, he WILL respond to it as well, guaranteed.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #128 of 146 Old 06-05-2006, 03:05 AM
Member
 
buckeye1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The thread started with Chad, and I just had to do a bump on his name. We've used Chad 2 times in the last 3 years, and we can't say enough about the guy! He's not the fastest around, but certainly one of the best!

Buckeye1010
Dayton, OH
buckeye1010 is offline  
post #129 of 146 Old 06-05-2006, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1010
The thread started with Chad, and I just had to do a bump on his name. We've used Chad 2 times in the last 3 years, and we can't say enough about the guy! He's not the fastest around, but certainly one of the best!
Dedicated. Methodical. Perfectionist. None of these words, all meant in positives, begin to describe the way Chad works.

Like I wrote before: I'm halfway convinced he's an android. ;)

^^ That's what you want in any person that does this kind of work.

It doesn't hurt things that he's a heck of a nice guy to boot! :)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #130 of 146 Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
justsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You think I can convince Chad to visit sunny California?
justsc is offline  
post #131 of 146 Old 06-05-2006, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cajieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space Coast, Florida
Posts: 4,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Hey Chad, when do plan to visit Florida??
cajieboy is offline  
post #132 of 146 Old 06-06-2006, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/

It can't hurt to fill out his form there. It's completely non-binding. The worst thing that can happen to you is he emails you back and tells you that you're too far out of reach.

You may be pleasantly surprised. Who knows? ;)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #133 of 146 Old 06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Member
 
mortaldivine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsc
You think I can convince Chad to visit sunny California?
I cant convince him to come to utah so I think you are out of luck.
mortaldivine is offline  
post #134 of 146 Old 08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe I can convince Chad to come down to Atlanta. I need my 960 calibrated badly. My geometry and convergence are out of whack. Chad, come down to Georgia to check out our Georgia Aquarium and whale sharks :D
Ranger is offline  
post #135 of 146 Old 09-03-2006, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cajieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space Coast, Florida
Posts: 4,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
Maybe I can convince Chad to come down to Atlanta. I need my 960 calibrated badly. My geometry and convergence are out of whack. Chad, come down to Georgia to check out our Georgia Aquarium and whale sharks :D
Chad, if you could come to Cocoa Beach, FL between Dec. 15th & Feb. 1st (good time to get out of the cold clims) I'd like to get my Sony 40XBR ISF'd.
cajieboy is offline  
post #136 of 146 Old 09-03-2006, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy
Chad, if you could come to Cocoa Beach, FL between Dec. 15th & Feb. 1st (good time to get out of the cold clims) I'd like to get my Sony 40XBR ISF'd.
He's pretty busy so I have no idea when/if he even checks these forums.

Your best bet, by far, is to simply go to his site that I linked to a few posts above and fill out the proper form.

It's not a binding contract or anything, so it's all good.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #137 of 146 Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RWetmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brick, New Jersey
Posts: 3,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Chad's coming to do my XBR960 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting him.
RWetmore is offline  
post #138 of 146 Old 09-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Member
 
ragingd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Het RWetmore,
Do you think after Chad calibrates your set, Can you explain or post some of the changes he made.

Thanks
ragingd is online now  
post #139 of 146 Old 09-03-2006, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore
Chad's coming to do my XBR960 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting him.
MAKE him eat, drink, and take a bathroom break. I'm not kidding. ;)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #140 of 146 Old 09-03-2006, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RWetmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brick, New Jersey
Posts: 3,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingd
Het RWetmore,
Do you think after Chad calibrates your set, Can you explain or post some of the changes he made.
Yeah, I'll let everyone know how it goes. I have already mentioned more about in the Sony Service Codes thread. I must confess to being a little skeptical of there being a night and day before and after difference, but I hope to be pleasantly suprised. Regardless, I have no doubt Chad will get it as close to perfection as humanly possible.
RWetmore is offline  
post #141 of 146 Old 09-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Member
 
MotorCityJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^ Awesome dude! Looking forward to hearing about the results. Btw, gimme a ballpark figure as to how much it cost.
MotorCityJoe is offline  
post #142 of 146 Old 09-04-2006, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore
Yeah, I'll let everyone know how it goes. I have already mentioned more about in the Sony Service Codes thread. I must confess to being a little skeptical of there being a night and day before and after difference, but I hope to be pleasantly suprised. Regardless, I have no doubt Chad will get it as close to perfection as humanly possible.

I felt the same way before he came and went. I thought maybe this whole ISF calibration thing was overblown.

I was wrong. ;)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #143 of 146 Old 09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Member
 
jhirsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore
Yeah, I'll let everyone know how it goes. I have already mentioned more about in the Sony Service Codes thread. I must confess to being a little skeptical of there being a night and day before and after difference, but I hope to be pleasantly suprised. Regardless, I have no doubt Chad will get it as close to perfection as humanly possible.
RWetmore - So how did it go with Chad and the ISF of your self-tweaked 960? Please tell me he's not still there, working away at perfection? If you had tweaked it pretty close already, maybe Chad had to push his ISF to the n'th degree? Please do tell....

PS - BTW, Chad ISF's my 960 back in March - and did an excellent job. At the time, I wasn't to sure what he was doing, or what he was doing it too (and I wish I had taken the time to learn the SM much better so I could follow along) - but the results are still amazing me! He took just about 4 hrs, and only b/c I didn't make him move any magnets (which he so wanted to do - we're moving in a few more months, so I didn't see it as necessary....)
jhirsche is offline  
post #144 of 146 Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
williamtassone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B
Hi guys,

This is Chad Billheimer. :)

I just wanted to pass along some of my travel arrangements for the next few months...


(jedi mind trick) "you need a holiday down under...."
williamtassone is offline  
post #145 of 146 Old 09-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Member
 
Superior Gimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southeastern michigan
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have a 960 over here, it looks pretty good. Could you just give me some basic settings I could try, i know all sets are different, but i want to play around with stuff. Thanks
Superior Gimp is offline  
post #146 of 146 Old 09-06-2006, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior Gimp
We have a 960 over here, it looks pretty good. Could you just give me some basic settings I could try, i know all sets are different, but i want to play around with stuff. Thanks

Look up this huge Service thread by a forumer named Ken Tech.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off