The Forums Best and Worst Posts - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my last day here, and I would like to say a few things. First, I apologize to everyone, especially the ones who own a Toshiba, for polluting and disrupting this forum, and I haven't been helpful at all. Second, I apologize for posting many uneccesary posts here. Bye all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtyper
Use your force for the good, Luke!

You have a lot of knowledge on Tosh's, you've put out a ton of good threads that have been helpful. Try to stick to the technical answers, and if you do have a problem with a particular brand, post some facts.
I posted all the service menu code procedures on the Toshibas. Were they helpful to you?
post #93 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan
I posted all the service menu code procedures on the Toshibas. Were they helpful to you?
Yes, they were helpful.
As I mentioned, you have posted some good stuff, they tend to get overwhelmed by some posts you have out there.
You're a bright guy, use your technical knowledge wisely when you're dealing with tech dummies like me.
post #94 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 246
And... you deleted some of your helpful posts out of spite.
post #95 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 PM

whatever happened to this thread being about memorable posts?????

LONG LIVE ORION!!!!!!!
post #96 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I know. I really want to end this and get out from this forum, but I have some followers right now, especially squonk, who have nothing to do in their lives but reply only to my posts. That's why this forum is looking downhill right now.
Give me a break, circus barker. There are dozens and dozens of people that have begged you to stop with the Toshiba/Orion obsession. There have been others on your case far longer than I. Quite frankly, I think its amusing, so I don't care whether you keep up your little ruse or not. Be honest, admit you are using alias poster names (koratdenkiworld), and admit this whole Toshiba/Orion thing has been one big lark, and we'll move on. But you keep providing the comic material. The woe is me act doesn't work anymore because we're onto you.
post #97 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 03:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubulat

LONG LIVE ORION!!!!!!!
Uh...no.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #98 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 04:59 PM

post #99 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 197
waltchan: I believe you 100% and think everything you say about Toshiba and Orion is Holy Gospel. When Toshiba uses China to put out cheap HD-DVD players then it will be obvious to the people here who THINK that they're sophisticated that Toshiba is really just the master of the plantation and the Video Displays and the Players are being built by the Chinese slaves!

When that sinks in people will start trashing Toshiba at these forums in an attempt to support Sony and Blue-Ray.

All waltchan does is tell the truth--in a few years everyone will be singing his tune but they'll claim they don't even know who waltchan is!

waltchan will always have my dying respect--anyone who makes the big manufacturer supporters here miffed is a great AVS patriot in my book!
post #100 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood
waltchan: I believe you 100% and think everything you say about Toshiba and Orion is Holy Gospel. When Toshiba uses China to put out cheap HD-DVD players then it will be obvious to the people here who THINK that they're sophisticated that Toshiba is really just the master of the plantation and the Video Displays and the Players are being built by the Chinese slaves!

When that sinks in people will start trashing Toshiba at these forums in an attempt to support Sony and Blue-Ray.

All waltchan does is tell the truth--in a few years everyone will be singing his tune but they'll claim they don't even know who waltchan is!

waltchan will always have my dying respect--anyone who makes the big manufacturer supporters here miffed is a great AVS patriot in my book!
Thanks. It was my own personal idea suggesting Toshiba to put out cheap HD-DVD players from China in order to win the HD-DVD format. That was way back in June. Toshiba accepted it, which I find it very hard to believe.
post #101 of 197 Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 PM

Quote:
I'm really sorry man. What do you want me to do?
1. Be honest and admit you are dual posting as koratdenkiworld (or having someone you know "back you up" with that alias)

2. Quit whining and playing the woe is me schtick

3. Stop obsessively posting about Toshiba/Orion

4. Stop taking everything so personal, unless it was meant to be

5. End the ruse, the circus act, the sleight of hand and attempt to regain credibility

don't care either way, because you are providing great comic relief
post #102 of 197 Old 11-09-2005, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I give up. It appears no one believes me. :( Who actually believes me?
no one.
post #103 of 197 Old 11-09-2005, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Look waltchan: they make toilet paper holder radios--maybe you should get someone to manufacture toilet paper holder TVs--if Orion said they would use that concept if you would only do a commercial while in the John--would you at least think about it?

You're likeness could become immortal like the thinker on the Old comedy Dobbie Gillas!

I know you're trying to delete all yours posts but Nixon tried that before and you won't get away with it either. I have copied every single one of them and have sent out a chain letter making sure they will appear at the forum forever!
post #104 of 197 Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger
Well I have to say I have seen some needless bashing to waltchan from a few members. Thats not what this forum is here for.

If you cannot post HT related info helping someone then dont post. Picking on someones language, age ect is simply not wanted here. Any members doing so will be banned. Lets all get along and be helpful.

It always stems from the same few members.

So lets see, I start a thread discussing if it is time to invest in HDTV or keep analog sets for a few more years. There was much discussion and response, and then all of a sudden the thread is closed. You sign off for this ridiculous thread, while closing a more important topic IMO. Nonsense!
post #105 of 197 Old 11-10-2005, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttenrag
So lets see, I start a thread discussing if it is time to invest in HDTV or keep analog sets for a few more years. There was much discussion and response, and then all of a sudden the thread is closed. You sign off for this ridiculous thread, while closing a more important topic IMO. Nonsense!
If you want control over posts then start your own forum!

Alan does an incredible job given all of our "unique" personalities and writing styles.

Re-post if needed.
post #106 of 197 Old 11-10-2005, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

When all else fails the one place to go for a just decision is waltchan!
post #107 of 197 Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=606985

And now we have a new fetish/crusade in the DVD player forum. I wonder when the posts will start getting self-deleted and the Internet nervous breakdown will occur over there? It's just a matter of time.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=607465&page=2

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #108 of 197 Old 11-28-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koratdenkiworld
excuse me, but i live in san diego, ca.

hey koratdenkiworld, I'm going to be in the San Diego area on business soon. I was going to give waltchan a call since he lives nearby and maybe all three of us can grab a few brews and talk some TV. Let me know if you are interested.
post #109 of 197 Old 11-28-2005, 11:03 AM

I have two Toshiba conventional TV's purchased a year ago, and I've been perfectly happy with them. I have been concerned with WaltChan's allegations about Toshiba, so I wrote Toshiba, Consumer Reports, and Crutchfield. Toshiba replied that they are aware of the "allegations" and their attorneys were looking into it. Consumer Reports stated that they don't investigate a product's origin, but from their test results, found Toshiba TV's one of the most reliable brands. Crutchfield also said they don't investigate a product's origins, but said Toshiba CRT HDTV's are one their most popular products. The person replying from Crutchfield said she had two Toshiba CRT HDTV's herself, bought recently, and was extremely pleased with them. From an earlier post, it appears Toshiba may have partnered in a picture tube plant, which is not surprising, since there are only a handful of companies actually manufacturing CRT's nowadays. Based on my experience with two Toshiba TV's, four Toshiba DVD players, and one Toshiba VCR, I'd definitely buy Toshiba again.....despite Walter's best efforts to persuade me otherwise!
post #110 of 197 Old 11-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squonk
hey koratdenkiworld, I'm going to be in the San Diego area on business soon. I was going to give waltchan a call since he lives nearby and maybe all three of us can grab a few brews and talk some TV. Let me know if you are interested.
What are the running odds on nethier showing up Squonk? lol

Mike
post #111 of 197 Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=606985

And now we have a new fetish/crusade in the DVD player forum. I wonder when the posts will start getting self-deleted and the Internet nervous breakdown will occur over there? It's just a matter of time.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=607465&page=2
It looks like its happening sooner rather than later.....
post #112 of 197 Old 11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Seriously folks someone needs to find waltchan and put him into psychiatric care--if not we'll one day hear about him in the news--everyone will hear about AVS--and then the Industry Plants won't be able to SELL anything because the forum will be filled with koratdenkiworlds!
post #113 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 05:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=610240

Post 15 quickly deteroriates into some of the most inchorent and spotty guesswork I've seen in some time around here.

I quoted it in that thread just in case it conveniently disappears, as is the usual way of things.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #114 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ

Post 15 quickly deteroriates into some of the most inchorent and spotty guesswork I've seen in some time around here.

I quoted it in that thread just in case it conveniently disappears, as is the usual way of things.
poof, its gone. walt's evil twin koratdenkiworld must be deleting his posts
the magic act, sleight of hand show continues.....
post #115 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squonk
poof, its gone. walt's evil twin koratdenkiworld must be deleting his posts
the magic act, sleight of hand show continues.....

In case anyone missed it, this WAS post 15 in the above linked thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltchan
And it still happens today (don't mean to bash Sony). I've heard stories from owners of their Sony KD-34XBR960s refuse to power on all of a sudden. I believe 1988 was the last year of the great Sony TV power supply. Sony had to change the design of the power supply because of production cost but failed to realize that it's much worse than the older designs. Sony still continues to use this same kind of power supply originally designed in 1989, except that Sony will continue to improve it. How do I know, just listen to the power supply noise when turning on the KD-34XBR960. It sounds almost the same in my friend's old 1992 Sony 32" TV. I have a 1986 Sony KV-20XBR 20" TV, so I'm fine. The power supply sounds very different. This was Sony's last Made in Japan 20" TV. Wait a minute, maybe the Sony TV power supplies made before 1988 were Made in Japan. After that, they are probably now Made in Mexico.

I'm not sure what it means when someone takes the time to delete several hundred of their own posts on a regular basis, the latest being this one.

Well, actually, yes, I do, but we'll see if anyone else figures it out.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #116 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Toshiba replied that they are aware of the "allegations" and their attorneys were looking into it.
yeah I am sure they are a little ticked, they have had soon-to-be-Toshiba Owners calling them after reading this and asking if it was true, and whether or not Toshiba gave them the whole story, the buyer decides on another TV brand

LOL

I think whether Toshiba does this or not, is no concern really, my concern is the post where brand new TVs start smoking in a persons living room immediately following the TV acting bizarre(as well as the other 50 owners very dissapointed in their 30HF84 and I think 30HFX84s) see Amazon thread
but it does led me to believe that they are not in fact building their CRT sets anymore

Quote:
Well, actually, yes, I do, but we'll see if anyone else figures it out.

Toshiba wants to sue him???

that would be a guess though
post #117 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker

How can Toshiba sue me when they already know they have been doing production business with Orion Electric Co. since 2001. See the Toshiba encyclopedia thread. They are just threatening me. They just don't want to admit this to the public.
post #118 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:

How can Toshiba sue me when they already know they have been doing production business with Orion Electric Co. since 2001. See the "Toshiba encyclopedia" thread. They are just threatening me. They just don't want to admit this.
post #119 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM

Quote:
How can Toshiba sue me when they already know they have been doing production business with Orion Electric Co. since 2001. See the "Toshiba encyclopedia" thread. They are just threatening me. They just don't want to admit this.
so thats who you are a mole for Orion? you got to be kidding me
post #120 of 197 Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I think whether Toshiba does this or not, is no concern really, my concern is the post where brand new TVs start smoking in a persons living room immediately following the TV acting bizarre(as well as the other 50 owners very dissapointed in their 30HF84 and I think 30HFX84s) see Amazon thread
but it does led me to believe that they are not in fact building their CRT sets anymore
Don't forget there are a lot more dissapointed owners (probably at least 200 by now) after the Amazon thread ended.

Quote:

How can Toshiba sue me when they already know they have been doing production business with Orion Electric Co. since 2001. See the Toshiba encyclopedia thread. They are just threatening me. They just don't want to admit this to the public.
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page