The OFFICIAL Panasonic 26", 30", 34" WX15 HDTV Thread... - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
lol, all im asking is wut image settings do you guys use for brightness, picture, tint, color??? for playing xbox 360??? and u guys play in standard, ciniema, vivid, and either in normal, warm or cool??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Try 'em all... use "wut" settings look good to you (stand, vivid, normal. cool etc.).

Brightness, tint, color, picture vary from set to set (same make/model). One individual's TV with the same settings as yours will probably look quite different.
post #453 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

That translator is so much fun! I asked it, "What settings are best for the Xbox 360 game?" and it replied, "WUT R TEH BST S3TNGS FOR DA XBOX 360 GM3??!!?? OMG." Not like, real different like, then the dude's question...like!
post #454 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hef View Post

That translator is so much fun! I asked it, "What settings are best for the Xbox 360 game?" and it replied, "WUT R TEH BST S3TNGS FOR DA XBOX 360 GM3??!!?? OMG." Not like, real different like, then the dude's question...like!

See? Now you can tread into gamefaqs.com or any number of forums, armed to teeth and ready baby!

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #455 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hef

See? Now you can tread into gamefaqs.com or any number of forums, armed to teeth and ready baby!

sweet! it even does cuss words (so unAOL-like), I just wish I could pull this up when playing Counter Strike, I need some way to talk trash as good as the rest of the 12 years old
post #456 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 07:26 PM

heres my before and after of my overscan on 480i (could really only change top and bottom, cant finds sides)
is it any good?
before
after
post #457 of 730 Old 03-08-2006, 08:18 PM

you are distorting your picture if you only change the overscan on top and bottom
post #458 of 730 Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker View Post

you are distorting your picture if you only change the overscan on top and bottom

well, do u know how to do the sides for 480i?
post #459 of 730 Old 03-11-2006, 02:19 PM

yo guys im playing 360 and i notice jaggy edges like is something wrong the geomtry settings? i got the 26 inch panasonic HDTV crt.

and wut should i use to play 360 cinema, standard, or vivid and for temp cool, normal, or warm?
post #460 of 730 Old 03-12-2006, 11:58 AM

Hey all, i'm new here, and i'm hoping that somebody can help me on with my overscan problem on my CT-34WX50.

I used the tigerdave test pattern, and viewed it using 1080i on my xbox 360. (edit: i made the pic smaller so the thread didn't have that annoying "stretching")

so I did the service menu trick described, but some things were different, like hitting the power button on my remote turns my tv off!
plus, the options described here sound nothing like what i have... I've taken some pictures to describe what I see:

after i do the service menu trick, here's the main menu that comes up:

when i select "Concurrent 97/98/99" here's the menu that shows up:

Bigger view:

here is the same menu when i'm on my 360:

when i select "i.Trace64-96" here's a pic of what i get:

if anybody knows how to navigate the service menu on a CT34WX50, i'd greatly appreciate it!
post #461 of 730 Old 03-12-2006, 06:12 PM

yo wut settings do you use for xbox live?? for brightness, sharpness, picture, color, tint?? and do you play on cinema, vivd, or standard? and do you notice jaggy edges?? when u play games
post #462 of 730 Old 03-12-2006, 08:16 PM

hmm...mayb u have an older model of the CT
post #463 of 730 Old 03-12-2006, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cireaasirefan View Post

I don't know if this has already been created, but this is a thread I created where we can discuss about Panasonic's current CRT HDTV models: CT-26WX15, CT-30WC15, CT-30WX15, and CT-34WX15. Own one of these Panasonic models and want to comment about it, post it here. Are you thinking of buying a Panasonic, post it here. We should reduce the number of new threads created regarding Panasonic. Enjoy...

Do you have one of these sets? If so, which one?
post #464 of 730 Old 03-12-2006, 11:12 PM

yo can someone help me out,,,, wut settings do you use for xbox live?? for brightness, sharpness, picture, color, tint?? and do you play on cinema, vivd, or standard? and do you notice jaggy edges?? when u play games i got the 26 inch panasonic crt hdtv
post #465 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam407 View Post

yo can someone help me out,,,, wut settings do you use for xbox live?? for brightness, sharpness, picture, color, tint?? and do you play on cinema, vivd, or standard? and do you notice jaggy edges?? when u play games i got the 26 inch panasonic crt hdtv

yo, dude, 26 posts in a row with the same question?
post #466 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 12:59 AM

Quote:

I have posted all the correct service menu settings and procedures and have helped many Panasonic owners to get their TVs to look better.

How--do you own one of those Panasonic TVs? Which one?
post #467 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squonk View Post

A great question that couldn't be more relevant or on topic. I'd love to know where, and how, people can get information like this without actually owning the product in question. I think that's information that would be useful to the entire forum readership. It's certainly an easy validation process, if nothing else.

No one with any integrity should have any problems giving a straight answer to a question like this.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #468 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:

I would like some compliments here. To all the Panasonic owners, did you find post #4 very helpful to you? Did this post helped improve the picture quality in your TV? Anything you like to say about this post is greatly appreciated.

are you going to answer my very simple question?

Sheesh, now you're soliciting compliments? Next thing you know he'll be twirling around a pole asking people to stuff his shorts with dollar bills.
post #469 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:

I would like some compliments here. To all the Panasonic owners, did you find post #4 very helpful to you? Did this post helped improve the picture quality in your TV? Anything you like to say about this post is greatly appreciated.

I found it very helpful. It allowed me to tweak my Nonexistent Panasonic to look exactly like yours.

Oh, by the way, you're doin' a heck of a job, Walty.
post #470 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Completely a lie. I have posted all the correct service menu settings and procedures and have helped many Panasonic owners to get their TVs to look better. Go look at post #4.

I'm glad cireaasirefan created this thread and listed the service menu access code. This thread has been very useful for many people, including me.

I don't know all the history between everyone here but I find the many posts ragging on cireaasirefan to be disruptive and a little childish. I don't understand how making accusations about somebody who hadn't posted here in a long time could be beneficial to anyone, even if those accusations were true, because he had not posted until people started writing about him. I don't care if he doesn't own one of these TVs anymore because he isn't making posts where TV ownership is vital.

You can know something useful about a TV without owning that TV. If someone asked me what the service code was for a TV and I happened to know of a source containing that information, I would gladly share it. I don't see any harm in that.

Maybe cireaasirefan made some false claims before - in which case pointing out the fallacies in his posts is a very good thing to do. But please leave it at that and move on. As a new member, I'm not "in on the joke" and would much rather read posts that are related to the topic of this thread - the Panny WX15s.

-Bob
post #471 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Access to the service menus can be found with a few searches here on other sites with a "search". Wally is not a "hero". And... trust me, it's no "joke".

http://www.bruzzi.ws/plasma-faq/showthread.php?t=142

If you don't know the history, then IMO don't add to the controvery. It only promotes the BS. (Unless this is yet another WalterChan alias).
post #472 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 PM

No. schuview is right. squonk and others are disrupting the forums with their spamming, flaming, and flooding posts. It does not matter if schuview is a new user or not, or if he knows the history or not. He has every right to let his thoughts be known on this matter.

I have said this many times. The anti-cireasirefan gang (actually it is mostly squonk these days, a fact of which I do appreciate from the others) may think they are in the right, but what they are trying to do is simply take moderation into their own hands when they have not been given the power to do so. Thus their tactics consist of flooding the forums with crap in an attempt to either ruin the forums or drive cireasafan away. So far, the only thing that has happened is that these forums have been flooded and ruined.

I am amazed that you people cannot see what you are doing. How old is squonk anyway? He's probably in his teens or twenties too (kny3twalker is, I think) so you guys don't deserve to be harping on someone like cireasirefan (Ratman, I'm not talking about you BTW. I know you are older, and I respect your input to this forum. I know you are somewhat anti-cireasirefan but you haven't been one of the users ruining these forums.)

Users currently on my Ignore list: Ratman, Q of Banditz, greenland
post #473 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Hey waste of space waltchan apologist (yes you Mr Prickly). Tell me how the above simple question is disruptive or inappropriate? I simply asked him if he owned a Panasonic and if so what model it was. What is your major malfunction other than being clueless?

Good job in stuffing a big $100 bill into walt's shorts. He must have given you quite a peek.
post #474 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

LOL.... here goes another thread that will be eventually be deleted.

And BTW... Wally asked for this BS by asking for "backers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally View Post

post #475 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 02:08 PM

I don't understand what is the driving force behind the losers squonk and kny3twalker. As Ratman said, all that will happen is that all these good threads will be deleted. After that, no valuable info will be left on these boards and it will suck, if it doesn't already.

Who cares if waltchan "started" these threads? There is lots of valuable information contained within them from many users other than waltchan. If squonk and kny3twalker are so petty that they are willing to cause the loss of 90% of the useful information on these boards simply because waltchan started the thread, they don't deserve the privilege of speaking here.

Users currently on my Ignore list: Ratman, Q of Banditz, greenland
post #476 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine2 View Post

I don't understand what is the driving force behind the losers squonk and kny3twalker. As Ratman said, all that will happen is that all these good threads will be deleted. After that, no valuable info will be left on these boards and it will suck, if it doesn't already.

Who cares if waltchan "started" these threads? There is lots of valuable information contained within them from many users other than waltchan. If squonk and kny3twalker are so petty that they are willing to cause the loss of 90% of the useful information on these boards simply because waltchan started the thread, they don't deserve the privilege of speaking here.

Answer my question prickly porcupine. How does asking someone if they own a Panasonic, nothing more, constitute a thread disruption? Come on, I'm waiting.

You are disrupting this thread 10 times over with your absurd attempts at playing moderator, and its pretty apparant who you really are. If this thread is closed, you will only have yourself to blame for making a mountain out of a molehill.

BTW porcupine, why is it that you and cireaasirefan are never on line at the same time?
post #477 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post

Access to the service menus can be found with a few searches here on other sites with a "search". Wally is not a "hero". And... trust me, it's no "joke".

http://www.bruzzi.ws/plasma-faq/showthread.php?t=142

If you don't know the history, then IMO don't add to the controvery. It only promotes the BS. (Unless this is yet another WalterChan alias).

Thans for the bruzzi link. That's a very nice concise list of all the Panasonic service menu access codes.

As far as cireaasirefan posting the service menu code - of course he's not a hero. This is the official WX15 thread so someone had to post the service menu access code at some point in time.

I think there is validity to the point of view of someone who doesn't know the history of this controversy. This thread isn't about that controversy; it's about the WX15 series of Panasonic TVs and bringing up that controversy just bogs it down. I think new members with something valuable to say may be scared off when the topic they want to talk about isn't being talked about.

I'm just trying to say that we're all here to learn about the WX15 so let's keep the personal talk off this public forum. This thread will be the best it can be if the TVs are the main subject. I'll do my part and shut my pie hole about all this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uesc View Post

Hey all, i'm new here, and i'm hoping that somebody can help me on with my overscan problem on my CT-34WX50.

It looks like the WX50s have different service menus than the WX54s and WX15s. There's an old WX50 thread http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...hreadid=305619 that may be of some help to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam407 View Post

Quote:

yo, dude, 26 posts in a row with the same question?

squonk, THANK YOU! kam407, people will post a response if they have one. Posting the same question over and over and over again is not going to make you many friends and you're definitely not going to get an answer. Can you post a picture of a problematic scene? There's no difference between cinema, vivid, and standard besides the preset values and what you change those values to. Try turning sharpness all the way off. But really, you need to experiment and see what looks best to you.

Sigh,
-Bob
post #478 of 730 Old 03-13-2006, 05:58 PM

I totally agree with schuview. I don't care who posted the SM codes, all I know is that it really help me out greatly, Not only was I able to tweak my brand new 34wx15 but I was also able to use this imformation from this thread to tweak my 11 year old 27 inch Panasonic Gaoo tv also. So now I have next to no overscan, completely no bowing or tilting on my Gaoo. And all these years I never even new I had.

It seems that Panasonic may have the same method to get into their SM on any Panny tv. So even though this thread was about the wx15 models, It sure help me out on my other tv. And I hope they do not get rid of this thread.

And Squonk, I have only just become a member here, but I have been a regular visitor for a couple of months now. I don't know the history with you and some other members here, but just from my standpoint, you contribute absolutley squat. Maybe you use to be a helpfull member here, but from the looks of things you have maybe become bored here and now everybody including new members, will have to keep puting up with your useless contributions.

Like I said, I don't know your history with some of the other members, but maybe you can just drop the constant garble and start helping some people out. That's what these forums are for whether you own a Panny, Toshiba, dlp, Plasma or whatever. Peace.
post #479 of 730 Old 03-15-2006, 05:48 AM

I have a neat little s-video to composite cable adapter for my 4yr old video card and thought I'de give it a try using a 25 ft cable since the TV is downstairs. I used a program called power strip and I set the resolution to 1152 x 648 (HDTV preset). Eventhough the text is blurry, the video and graphics are real nice and now I can watch video on a larger screen and wont have to be near the computer to see my live streaming European soccer scores. I'm actually thinking about now getting the webcast for wrestlemania.

I thought I'de contribute something positive to change the vibes here. I never realized the graphics would come out so nice using composite video.
post #480 of 730 Old 03-15-2006, 07:29 AM

Hey Chris,

That's great to hear. Just out of curiosity, do you know the maximum resolution you can get out of the composite connection?

-Bob
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page