The OFFICIAL Panasonic 26", 30", 34" WX15 HDTV Thread... - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 730 Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've hooked my 26WX15 up to my pc with the HDMI to DVI cable from panasonic. At first setting this up for 480p was a pain, due to the huge amount of overscan. Once I learned powerstrip and how to tweak that res things fell into place quite easily. At first I thought 1080i would be great for windows, but there is a nasty flickering not sure if it's the tv or the 6800 card I own only time I use it for still images when I want to see them at a hi res or hd movies I get from websites.

Can anyone here give me pointers as to how to fix overscan at 480p with the service menu. All the things I need to do vertically and partially horizontally are greyed out and well on ps2 and xbox games the problem is really annoying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 730 Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 AM

I am really interested in purchasing the CT-30WX15 but cannot find it anywhere.

Does anyone know current release dates for new Panny TV's?

Thank you in advance
post #543 of 730 Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 PM

And you live where? It's a big wide world out there...
post #544 of 730 Old 05-19-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'Yeti View Post

And you live where? It's a big wide world out there...

Sorry, I'm in the Cleveland Ohio area.

I have found a couple on-line.
Etronics has best price @ $685.

Not to sure about online purchase.
Anyone have the good, bad and ugly for On-line TV purchases?
post #545 of 730 Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Etronics is an excellent company to deal with. The only problem is the shipping cost of a heavy CRT.
post #546 of 730 Old 05-19-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hef View Post

Etronics is an excellent company to deal with. The only problem is the shipping cost of a heavy CRT.

I can get the Panasonic CT-30WX15 30" HDTV Monitor , 3 year warranty , shipped to my door for under $850.

Shipping is $109

Is it worth it or should I just go to CC and buy the Samsung 3082?
post #547 of 730 Old 05-20-2006, 01:04 PM

panasonic new crt models should be out by the summer time around the end of june.
post #548 of 730 Old 05-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio388 View Post

panasonic new crt models should be out by the summer time around the end of june.

Panasonic already discontinued making CRT TVs. They are focusing on flat-panel TVs right now.
post #549 of 730 Old 05-20-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenkya View Post

I can get the Panasonic CT-30WX15 30" HDTV Monitor , 3 year warranty , shipped to my door for under $850.

Shipping is $109

Is it worth it or should I just go to CC and buy the Samsung 3082?

The Samsung 3082 looks cute..just don't expect to ever see a straight horizontal line on any of them. There's a manufacturing/design flaw. If you see them being demo'd the picture looks pretty good until you look at items with straight horizontal lines...they're all bowed.

Given a choice, I'd go with the CT-30WX15 (but I should note that I'm a bit biased... I have a CT-34WX15). The picture is great and you'll have no trouble with horizontal or vertical lines (actually, the Samsung is the only model that I've ever seen with such a major problem with lines)
post #550 of 730 Old 05-20-2006, 05:51 PM

panasonic will have new crt models this summer; a few limited selections.
post #551 of 730 Old 05-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Hey guys,

I think I fixed up the Service settings to get rid of the overscan. Looks A LOT better. The fox logo no longer has simply the top left FO part of the fox

Does anyone have the default settings though for the CT-34WX15? I wrote down most of the changes, but may have negleted to write down some, and I just wanta make sure I haven't messed anything else up! I know a few people but down the defaults for the other models, but i'm not sure how different they would be! Thanks so much!
post #552 of 730 Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM

Have the 30wx15, and just purchased a WMC computer that is near the TV.

I'm thinking of upgrading my computer with a new video card that has a DMI output.

Could I hook the output up to my TV and watch WMC programs (either TV or DVD) on my TV?

I noticed the manual for the TV says the HDMI port is not meant for a computer connection....

Any ideas on whether this would work?

TIA!
post #553 of 730 Old 06-05-2006, 05:11 PM

I bought a CT-26WX15, shelf model at CC. I simply can not get used to the JUST aspect mode on this TV when viewing regular, non-digital cable. I suppose that would be the NTSC tuner (I don't know all the terms like the rest of you are using, so please be patient).

When a TV show pans around a scene, the left and right parts of the screen remind me of looking through wet eyeglasses, the aspect is not consistent and I don't like it. Its wavy like.

But no matter how many times I press the TV/VCR (Defined as the ASPECT button according to first page in the "Remote" section of the manual), the aspect of the screen simply will not ever change.

People are fat on the borders, then they are thin, lines get wavy when a camera scene pans across am image with lines, it just not nice to my eyes.

This this broke, is it locked into an aspect mode because it was on the demo shelf.

Help.

Thanks.

Oh, BTW, watching a DVD (Nemo, I only purchase kids DVDs basically) is very, very nice and doesn't exhibit this JUST aspect mode.
post #554 of 730 Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob151 View Post

I simply can not get used to the JUST aspect mode on this TV ...But no matter how many times I press the TV/VCR (Defined as the ASPECT button according to first page in the "Remote" section of the manual), the aspect of the screen simply will not ever change.

This this broke, is it locked into an aspect mode because it was on the demo shelf.

I'm assuming that you've pressed the tv button at the top left of your remote before trying the TV/VCR Aspect button.

If so, something sure is wrong. Take the batteries out of the remote, wait a few minutes, put the batteries in and try the remote again. Does it switch Aspects?

Have you tried turning off the tv and then unplugging it for a while? This all makes me wonder if there's something amiss with the Lock function...

Anyway, try this until someone comes up with a better answer. Have you got any friends with a Panasonic controller? Try theirs...

In the end, the best advice might be call Panasonic...It sounds as though you've got a new tv with a warranty....
post #555 of 730 Old 06-05-2006, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, the TV button flashes red when I press the TV/VCR (ASPECT) button. I'm guessing that means I'm in TV mode.

I've worked with the LOCK function, I locked myself out, good thing I remembered the passcode. However, I don't think that the LOCK function involves locking the aspect resolution.
post #556 of 730 Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 PM

Oh, and the TV was off and unplugged for about 2 hours until I plugged it in at home the other day.
post #557 of 730 Old 06-06-2006, 08:25 AM

Check out this thread:

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...hreadid=484675

At the bottom of this page http://www.liquidninjas.com/modules....threadid=12012 I may have found a solution:

...there is a "bug", you have to run the channel scan at setup and make sure there is at least 1 channel in memory in order for the Aspect button to work...
post #558 of 730 Old 06-06-2006, 05:31 PM

panasonic canada website is no longer listing their crt tau television tube on there website. checked several times no longer carrying tau crt televisions. This means crt rip from panasonic. So this is the end of panasonic tau television as we know it. Am going to miss it.
post #559 of 730 Old 06-06-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julio388 View Post

panasonic canada website is no longer listing their crt tau ... So this is the end of panasonic tau television as we know it...

Yeah, I didn't think that they were going to come out with a new lineup this summer...too bad, they are great tvs...Oh well, my CT-34WX15 will just have to last me a few years...
post #560 of 730 Old 06-06-2006, 05:52 PM

I sent an email to customer support, hopefully I will get an response to my inquiry. hope to follow up on this latest information.
post #561 of 730 Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 PM

Thank you to all who offered suggestions.

After a few calls with Panasonic tech support, numerous reboots (Action+Power) to the TV, and repeating the same stuff to each tech, it was determined that I was given the wrong remote. The remote I got was apparently for the SDTV version.

Went back to store, got the right one. I still am not impressed with its SDTV 4:3 presentation. As I said before, DVD Widescreen was awesome though. But I suspect I'll be spending more time on regular 4:3 programming for a while. I'm on cheap cable, no cable box.
post #562 of 730 Old 06-07-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob151 View Post

I still am not impressed with its SDTV 4:3 presentation.

Well, SDTV on a Panasonic Tau is as good as it gets for an HDTV. None of the rest of the HDTVs do it as well as the Panasonic. On some HDTVs SDTV is the most horrible thing you've ever seen. I think that even Consumer Reports noted that the Panasonic Taus were the best.
post #563 of 730 Old 06-08-2006, 05:26 PM

Yo guys, I have a problem with my CT-26WX15. Here's the problem: theres a huge purple spot on the left side of the tv but only when the tv is displaying certain colors, usually dark blue or green. Its darkest on the left bottom corner, but it stretches all the way to the top left corner at times. I had this tv in my car for about a week, but it was under shade. I heard something about "degaussing" the unit.......Any ideas???
Thanx
post #564 of 730 Old 06-08-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therascaldude View Post

Yo guys, I have a problem with my CT-26WX15. Here's the problem: theres a huge purple spot on the left side of the tv but only when the tv is displaying certain colors, usually dark blue or green. Its darkest on the left bottom corner, but it stretches all the way to the top left corner at times. I had this tv in my car for about a week, but it was under shade. I heard something about "degaussing" the unit.......Any ideas???
Thanx

Just a thought (assuming that your degaussing circuits are ok)...Would you perhaps have your subwoofer or an unsheilded speaker really close to your tv?
post #565 of 730 Old 06-08-2006, 10:04 PM

It could possibly be corrected with the geomagnetic correction, but if memory serves, only the 30 and the 34 have that feature. But if i'm wrong, check out your manual.
post #566 of 730 Old 06-14-2006, 07:07 PM

no speakers or subwoofer near the tv, just an xbox and my digital cable box. And as I watch more it seems that its the very worse when the tv has a dark blue picture. I was watching Discovery HD and they were showing an underwater view , and I could clearly see the complete purple blotch outline on the left side of the tv. It stretches from the left bottom to the left top, but its the worse on the left bottom.
post #567 of 730 Old 06-14-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therascaldude View Post

It stretches from the left bottom to the left top, but its the worse on the left bottom.

Of course, it could be something worse...but before you call a technician...two thoughts: 1) make sure than none of the cables to the tv are coiled...make sure that they're all straight, 2) move the cable box to the other side of your tv....

Anything help?
post #568 of 730 Old 06-14-2006, 08:29 PM

i tried my xbox and cable box on like 3 different inputs, so its definetly not the cables. Also, I tried the tv with just my xbox when i first moved it in, and it happened then too, so it cant be the cable box. Any other suggestions? I did leave it in my car for over a week, but it was never in the sun for longer then 10 mins
post #569 of 730 Old 06-14-2006, 09:09 PM

It could be that your settings are too high...are you running everything in "Vivid" mode plus???? Still, it sounds like you're seeing something worse...Was the car stationary for a week or did you travel with it...(the car motion could have done some damage). Being in a stationary trunk would only have made it warm...I doubt that the heat would have done much...still...sounds like it may be time to call that Panasonic technician for some warranty work...It may just be a faulty degaussing circuit..

You wouldn't happen to be living in a house or apartment with steel corners would you? Or, would the Refrigerator or Stove be on the other side of the wall from the tv (obviously I'm still pursuing the magnetic field thought). Try moving the tv to another location in the room. Is it still the same?
post #570 of 730 Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxamoophone View Post

Hey guys,

I think I fixed up the Service settings to get rid of the overscan. Looks A LOT better. The fox logo no longer has simply the top left FO part of the fox

I have the 30" Panny tv and I love it but I notice some of the logos are cut off on my tv too. Is it easy to fix it? Let me know how involved it was for you to correct it. Other than that my picture is awesome.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page