The OFFICIAL Sony KD-34XBR970 34" HDTV Thread... - Page 111 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3301 of 3303 Old 01-16-2015, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Follow up on screen problem

I haven't looked at this thread for a long time so I'm posting a follow up to my post on 12-13-13 when I had the problem with the screen on my KD-34XBR970.
My problem went away and has never come back. I only did two things.
1) I played with the tilt correction and vertical correction (page 46 of the manual) which apparently sometimes needs attention after moving the TV.
2) I unplugged the TV and let it sit for a day before plugging it back in and turning it on.
I had been moving the TV around before the problem started but I can't say for sure what caused the problem or why it went away.
All I know is that it's cured.
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3303 Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Another issue, the red light that usually blinks only when it is turning on, is now blinking all the time -- even when it is off. 5 blinks --- did some searching and it sounds like its the classic power supply problem.
post #3303 of 3303 Old 04-18-2015, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Further weird geometry problems

Hey all-- as anyone who buys one of these ends up, I've become very well-versed in the workings and service menu codes for the KD-34 over the last few months as I've attempted to correct the geometry and make everything scroll smoothly. I've hit a brick wall with something that looks like this:

|( )||||( )|
|( )||||( )|
|( )||||( )/

Any guesses as to what service menu options might help me mush down the bumps on either side of the screen? SLIN sort of fixes it, but I've maxed it out at zero and can't go any further. It seems like I need something like a left-right equivalent of UVLN and LVLN (or whatever the upper/lower squishers are), The weird pin in the bottom right I can deal with; the bumps are too much for me, especially playing old side-scrolling video games. Any insight is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays