The OFFICIAL Samsung TXS-3082W thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 480 Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried that sequence on my old Samsung DynaFlat SD CRT and it brought up the service menu on that one too. This tv is like 6 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 480 Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Hello,

I bought a 3082 about ten days ago from Best Buy.

This is my first experience with HDTV and HDMI.

I'm using both HDMI inputs, one from the Comcast DVR, one from the DVD player.

That's it.

The problem: After the TV has been on for at least an hour or so, the audio becomes out of sync with the video. Just slightly at first, and then it gets more pronounced. Turning the TV off and back on helps, but the problem returns, sooner than before.

Anyone else run into this or know of a fix?

Thanks!!
post #453 of 480 Old 02-08-2007, 10:52 PM

I bought this TV back in October. this set has worked flawlessly until now. I opted not to get the HD package from my cable provider because...well...my cable provider sucks. Well 2 days ago, my TV started making that clicking sound that you all have mentioned about when it turns on, but however it now does this constantly even when it has been on for over an hour. It almost seems like it is trying to degauss itself. I have tried this with analog "AIR" channels. Digital channels from my box, and HD AIR channels. It will even do this while watching a DVD. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this sort of clicking problem with this model. If I can explain it better, the TV makes a loud click and then at the same time the screen will fade and twist and then go back to normal. Like I said, it is almost like this thing is automatically degaussing itself.
post #454 of 480 Old 02-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Hey guys I just saw this thread and wanted to put in some input. I have owned two of these beasts since June '06. I had my first one replaced after 3 months because of a focus problem. I don't know if anyone else notices the viertical interlacing lines on the left and right sides of the screen, but I have seen them on every model! I hate that. So now I am about to get a refund from Samsung (hopefully, they are still working out my case) because my second unit now has rainbowing! In high contrast shots, you can see what are essentially colorbars all across the picture! It is horrible. As far as geometry goes, it really is terrible on my set! I can't even pillarbox images anymore because of the oval picutre now. Also, if anyone's interested in the service menu code (if you dare enter it), it's mute 1 8 2 (power). The set has to be off in the mode. It will reset you custom picture settings though, so be sure and write them down.

Also, two of my friends have it and they are all green in the upper corners of the screen. I have never heard of such a magnetism problem before, and neither has my repair man. Once it is degaussed, its fine, but if you turn the set of, it resets and the green or purple is still there.

I'm still a crt man though, and within a few weeks I am going to try my luck with the heavier Sony 34 incher. I hear much better news about it than this samsung or the toshiba. Good luck with yours.
post #455 of 480 Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM

Hi guys,

You have some very good info here! I just got the "Sammy 82" set yesterday, and I absolutely love it. I have a couple minor geometry issues and questions. I also feel bad that I watched it for about four hours last night in dynamic mode. I will turn down the contrast before I watch it tonight. I will also let the TV "break in" for 100 hours before trying any SM adjustments. As far as using a calibrating disc, is it really necessary? Other than getting rid of screen artifacts, aren't the picture settings pretty much subjective to the user's eye?

Anyway, to my real questions. I have the problem of the 16:9 aspect being cut off a bit on the sides, like a lot of others. I take it this is called overscan, and I can fix it in the SM by lowering the H Amp setting, correct? I haven't noticed any other geometry issues, other than the CNN ticker cutting off a bit on the bottom left corner, but that honestly doesn't bother me much. I don't want to go screwing with a bunch of settings that may ruin my otherwise great picture trying to fix that minor ticker issue. The "tilt" option doesn't fix it, I've already tried, but if there is a simple SM fix to bring up that one corner, I'll try it.

Second question - About the SM, I know I should record the factory settings before messing with it. Do those settings show on the initial entry into the SM? Also, is there any inherent dangers with messing with the SM? From what I've read, it sounds like I should be OK as long as I write the factory setting down. Once I get into the SM, is there an exit and save option, or do I just power off to exit?

Third question - Has anyone found a use for the USB upgrade port? Is there something like a firmware update I can put on a memory stick?

Thanks!
post #456 of 480 Old 03-13-2007, 01:34 PM

NM, I figured out most of that. I'm still wondering about that USB port.
post #457 of 480 Old 03-14-2007, 11:49 AM

FYI, the USB port is just for use by a service tech.

Also, I had the problem of the sound not matching the video when I used a new RCA DVD player through the HDMI connection. The HDMI cable I was using came with the RCA DVD player. I returned the RCA player, and bought a new Samsung DVD Player/Recorder, and also bought an HDMI cable, and I have not had any problems with audio using the new Samsung player and Cable.
post #458 of 480 Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotus63 View Post

FYI, the USB port is just for use by a service tech.

So is the service menu, but that didn't stop me from messin' with it.

I'm a bit worried about using the HDMI port. I've got a new cable on order to go with my new upscaling DVD player, but I've heard that this TV won't support HDCP over HDMI, thereby denying me any DVD resolutions over 480p.

I hope this rumor is baseless.

EDIT: It works fine, but I think I read into the rumor wrong. Apparently, the HDCP think only applies to HD-DVD and Blueray players?
post #459 of 480 Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Ok.. I got my tv back in September, and it had some geometry issues. It was within 30 days so I got a new one.. with the same problems. The guy said it was common on all TVs, and rather than force this guy to return the tv and get me a new one (it was delivered, not in store) I thought ok, maybe I can work with this and get it to how I want, or after the 100 hours it'll be better. Unfortunately that has not happened, and after going through the Test screen for another marathon session, I'm ready to get this replaced. I have the extended service warranty through Circuit City (for $89 more, why not?) but I don't want to keep having them send back defective TVs. I got this originally in September 2006. How should I approach this problem? Obviously there are numerous stories here about people doing similar things. What strategies seem to work best for this?
post #460 of 480 Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM

My room mate bought this last fall (Aug / Sep) from Circuit City - we noticed almost immediately that some material seemed to be cut off at the sides. I just found this topic and went through the setup menu to try to get more viewing area. It seems that the reason they had it zoomed in so much (vamp 46, vshift 27, hamp 20, hshift 27) is to cover up significant distortion problems (surprise).

I've still got a few problems with it - first, with hamp 0, I cannot get the right of the picture to touch the right of the screen. With hamp at 0 I also get very bad distortion on the right side of the screen. In order to correct the distortion I am forced to increase hshift to 15 or so (their 27 gets it almost straight). At this point even with hamp 0, the left side of the picture is off the screen, and it only gets worse when I increase hamp to get the right side to touch. Decreasing hshift makes the right side horribly distorted. Vertical is fine, I don't know why they had it so huge, as I can get a perfect picture in that direction. Obviously people have problems with this screen, but this seems particularly bad. We loose probably 2 inches of screen on the left and one inch on the right (to shift the really distorted part off the screen).

This distortion is still noticeable, especially when there is any text or fine lines towards the right side of the screen. The image also does not look centered. This is not ideal as my roommate just bought a xbox 360, and it's a glaring problem to me (then again, I'm pretty anal about things like this). He did ask me why the subtitles in his movie were blurred and off the screen when he was watching a movie though, so this is pretty bad.

One thing to point out, I've just been tuning this with an hdmi connection from my cable box, so I don't know if I have the right amount of screen viewable or if I should change settings to decrease distortion (but also viewing angle). I read a lot about this when I was tuning it a couple of weeks ago, but I don't remember - has anyone successfully gotten the full image, distortion free from this tv? And should I try to get ahold of one of the true calibration sources?

It seems like the image should at least be able to reach the right side at roughly the same time as it reaches the left unless there is a serious problem with the electron gun. We don't have it near any other major electronics which could deflect it that much. Is it possible that it's just the orientation in the room causing this? I don't remember what the warranty is, but I'm moving out in a few days and would like to help him / be able to tell him to get it serviced before I take off.

Thanks, and sorry if this was posted here somewhere, I've read it, but read so much I could have forgotten some.
post #461 of 480 Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Just get a replcement or refund if possible. These first generation Slimfits had many focus problems that are unfixable. Circuit City most likely has dealt with many returns on those models, so they should be familiar with the shortcomings. If you can trade up for this years model (TX-T3092WH) you'll likely have fewer problems.
post #462 of 480 Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 PM

Wow, I'd assumed I was in the right thread. My roommate actually has the 3082WH. I'll look around on here more for the info, perhaps there's something different about them. I take it you'd not expect to find this problem in a WH model?

EDIT: I fail at reading, ignore my post. I found the warranty info and he should be still be covered. The pulsing picture I've noticed mentioned other places is also an issue. Here's to getting plenty of work done. Calling on Monday.
post #463 of 480 Old 08-03-2007, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAshton84 View Post

Wow, I'd assumed I was in the right thread. My roommate actually has the 3082WH. I'll look around on here more for the info, perhaps there's something different about them. I take it you'd not expect to find this problem in a WH model?

???!!!???
post #464 of 480 Old 08-25-2007, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Not trying to necrobump this thread but I have had this TV for some time and love it. I haven't fully dipped into tweaking it yet but will do it soon as my HD-A2 comes in. This is my main gaming TV and personally is the perfect size for the small room I currently have it in.

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
anti-GT5:P-er ;)
eurokult.com
post #465 of 480 Old 08-26-2007, 09:38 PM

... Alright I have the 3082 as well & after looking through all these pages I have found issues, but nothing fitting my exact problem.

1st off I can literally see "lines" in the upper left and right of the creen which look like the scan lines are just further apart which is due ot some type of distortion. In addition there is a definite red bleed in the top left & top right of the screen (very visible in white text). It looks almost like a convergence issue on a RPTV.

If anyone has any suggestion I am open to them...
post #466 of 480 Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

The lines and red bleed both sound like convergence.
post #467 of 480 Old 08-27-2007, 03:17 PM

yep that's what I thought but is there any way to fix it?
post #468 of 480 Old 08-28-2007, 08:44 PM

...anyone?
post #469 of 480 Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 PM

Oh come on, all these people & not one can answer...Can I fix the issue??
post #470 of 480 Old 09-06-2007, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I've got a strange thing happening with my TV. This has only happened since I plugged the 1st HDMI piece to it (my HD-A2 via HDMI). After watching a movie (HD DVD mostly noticed this happen) I'll switch the tuner to TV mode and all color is gone displaying regular programming in black and white.

The way I get around it is by turning the TV off for about a minute or 2 and turning it back on. Then everything is back to normal

Has anyone experienced this yet? The TV just got out of warranty about a month ago and has worked flawlessly until I connected my HD-A2 via HDMI with this issue.

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
eurokult.com
post #471 of 480 Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post

I've got a strange thing happening with my TV. This has only happened since I plugged the 1st HDMI piece to it (my HD-A2 via HDMI). After watching a movie (HD DVD mostly noticed this happen) I'll switch the tuner to TV mode and all color is gone displaying regular programming in black and white.

The way I get around it is by turning the TV off for about a minute or 2 and turning it back on. Then everything is back to normal

Has anyone experienced this yet? The TV just got out of warranty about a month ago and has worked flawlessly until I connected my HD-A2 via HDMI with this issue.

Did you try using the other HDMI port?
post #472 of 480 Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post

Did you try using the other HDMI port?

Come to think of it, no I did not. I'll try that tonight.

I hate fanboys..
eurokult.com
post #473 of 480 Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM

I just bought a the samsung 30 inch slimfit hdtv, it was open box offer. I received the wrong remote, but I can try to get that replaced tomorrow. I also just downloaded the user guide...

I have a couple of questions...

1. It looks like the tv is setup for parental control, i have comcast cable with dvr, i can't get view certain chanels, it is asking for a password, I don't know the passoword, how do I clear this?

2. My digital box is setup for HDTV, how do I know the HDTV is working, i noticed there are 2 spots in the back to connect the cable, which one should I be connecting my cable line to? The bottom one does say cable and the top one says Air...not sure what this means...

Please help...
post #474 of 480 Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 AM

For #2, "air" is where you would install an antenna. Install it onto the one that says "cable".

Not sure about #1, but there's probably a default code in the manual to bypass the parental controls.
post #475 of 480 Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

OK fellas so my 3082 still acts up in the same way and I'm wondering what I should do. Recall my issue, ever since I connected something via HDMI to it, it has done this. The TV source setting if turned on from the start will play normal but if I play my 360 (connected via comp, will be redoing it this weekend via HDMI) long enough and/or if I play my HD-A2 (connected via HDMI) and then switch to TV source the screen shows color for a second then instantly goes to black and white. This B&W issue is ONLY on TV source. For me to get TV back to color I have to turn it off and let it 'cool down' for some time. I can easily go back to HD-A2 (HDMI), 360 or Wii (comp), or PS2 (reg A/V) without a problem.

I hate fanboys..
eurokult.com
post #476 of 480 Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 AM

I would try a different HDMI cable.

Other than that and trying the other HDMI port, I got nothin'. The only thing I have hooked up through HDMI is my upscaling DVD player, and it's never had any issues.

Honestly, it sounds like a defect in the TV.
post #477 of 480 Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furcifer View Post

I bought this TV back in October. this set has worked flawlessly until now. I opted not to get the HD package from my cable provider because...well...my cable provider sucks. Well 2 days ago, my TV started making that clicking sound that you all have mentioned about when it turns on, but however it now does this constantly even when it has been on for over an hour. It almost seems like it is trying to degauss itself. I have tried this with analog "AIR" channels. Digital channels from my box, and HD AIR channels. It will even do this while watching a DVD. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this sort of clicking problem with this model. If I can explain it better, the TV makes a loud click and then at the same time the screen will fade and twist and then go back to normal. Like I said, it is almost like this thing is automatically degaussing itself.

any ideas?
post #478 of 480 Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 PM

It's defective. Hit it, seriously.

It's the degausser stuck in a loop, all right. Smacking it is all I can recommend other than taking it in.

People always underestimate the power of a good, well-placed whack. I guess you could also try turning it quickly off and on a few times - that might unstick it - but that might burn something else out.
post #479 of 480 Old 08-20-2008, 01:09 PM

Ok, here is my problem.

HDMI and Comp do not work on my 3082. Tech says its the SSB card. It's the card with the HDMI and audio ports on it. Anyone know where I can get one. I want to put it in myself. The part number on the sticker is,
AA97-16460N-P
there is also AA95-03458N
and Code No AA41-01185B printed on the card.
Samsung parts were no help. Anyone know where the system manual can be downloaded. The old links above do not work.

Thanks in advance,
Pio.
post #480 of 480 Old 09-11-2010, 02:48 AM

I have been looking at this thread for the last couple of days trying to figure out what is going on with my T.V., and I really hope I can get it fixed, because now I know more about it than any other T.V. I have ever owned.

A couple of weeks ago, out of nowhere, the thing just stopped producing the color green (Pic 1). But when the contrast is high, there is a neon green cloud all over the screen (Pic 2).

At the moment the first thing I need to do is get a hold of the service manual. It sounds easy enough in this day and age but, every link in this thread is no longer active, and I can't find a copy of it for the life of me. Does anyone know where I could actually get a copy of this thing?
LL
LL
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page