Best Buy Buying help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok i have a decision to make tomorrow. I will be going out to buy the LG 30fs4d and its 579 but ofcourse thats the with out tax price . Now is there a way for me to get this lower by like 30 to 50 dollars lower?

They have open box items but they are selling at the same price but it does come with a BB gift card ($50). From what I was told on the phone its the same condition as the brand new just no box comes with it? Should I get the open box and haggle on making it cheaper or get the new one and just live with paying the 650 or so it would cost total w/ tax! Any suggestions? Also I already have a component wire and dont want to spend 60 bucks on an hdmi wire. However if its that much fo a different in picture quality I may get it. Would anyone say its worth it via hdmi by enough of a margin to pay the 60 bucks for one?

no longer have any new ones and just have open boxed items. SHOULD I BUY ONE? What should I do to make sure i gte the right tv and the right price? Since im taveling a long way out, i may not get a chance to return this tv anytime soon after i buy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

n e 1? Im going to leave in a few hours so hopefully i can get some info or help!
Old 01-17-2007, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Buy the new unit in the box, pay the tax and use the component cables to save some money (and get a better PQ).
Old 01-17-2007, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

thanks biker. any reason why not buying the open box unit would be a bad choice? I could ask them to test it for me and stuff unless sum 1 knows by experience that one: buying an open box is hell and two: they wont bend over backwards for me to test the unit.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

ok now they only have open box items!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not familiar with the set you're talking about, but I assume it's a CRT since you are posting in the CRT area?

If it's an open-box CRT, I'd say test it out. If it's a display model, avoid. The display models have probably been sitting on the shelf in torch mode for months and months severely damaging and reducing the life-span of the set.

The Best Buy near me is extremely helpful. They let me bring in my PS2 to hook up to several different sets via component, they moved a display HD-DVD player to a CRT set for me, and I was able to haggle down the price of my open-box Toshiba by $75.

If your Best Buy is anything like mine, just ask them for what you want. I'm sure they'd do it.

Sony XBR960n - nice to rods, mean to cones.