New 970 owner, a few questions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2007, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my 970 for 2 days now, and I love it! Discovery channel in HD looks amazing, better than any other set I've seen!

Now, for the questions.

When I initially turned on the TV for the first time, I set up the tilt correction etc, but, each time I continue to turn my TV on, it prompts me to do this every time. Am I not saving these settings correctly?

What does Auto Wide actually do? Will it automatically widden a 4:3 image with whatever my prefered zoom function is? The manual really doesn't give a good description on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Set Mode Memory to ON. Auto Wide gives you option on how to stretch a 4:3 image or you can
set it to off.

There is always someone out there that gives you opinion of a product that they don't even own.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by daschrier View Post

When I initially turned on the TV for the first time, I set up the tilt correction etc, but, each time I continue to turn my TV on, it prompts me to do this every time. Am I not saving these settings correctly?

I think you have to go through the whole setup process, including letting it do a channel scan, before it saves those settings. Are you exiting the menu before it scans for OTA channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daschrier View Post

What does Auto Wide actually do? Will it automatically widden a 4:3 image with whatever my prefered zoom function is? The manual really doesn't give a good description on this.

I'm not sure what auto wide does. I think it might automatically play 16:9 480i/480p content (like an anamorphic DVD) in "full" mode instead of letterboxed. That's just a guess, tho...
post #4 of 4 Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

No, I wasn't doing a scan, because I didn't see the point, with me using the HDMI input for the cable box. I'll do the scan next time I turn it on I guess, or look for that memory mode setting.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page