Panasonic CT-32HL43 won't power on - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 51 Old 09-19-2008, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's how mine resolved. In order to replace the fuse I had to unplug some cables from the main board so I could get my arm where it needed to be. I failed to replace one of those cables which caused the blinking LED and shutdown after 30 seconds. Since I replaced the cable the set has worked perfectly. I believe this incident was caused by a power surge possibly from a storm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 AM

I have a slightly differential model (CT32HX42F) and experienced what appeared to be a power failure a few years ago...wouldn't turn on via remote or front-mount power switch. Power fuse was okay, so I ordered the service manual (about $10 + shipping) and delved a little deeper.

Upon closer inspection, I found the main circuit board tray had un-clipped itself somehow and had slipped just far enough back from the front of the housing to lose mechanical contact with the front-mount plastic buttons(!). This also caused the infrared sensor to be too far from the front-mount window and therefore interfering with reception of the remote's signal.

The plastic tray for the main circuit board(s) clips into slots on either side. For as much as this HDTV cost, the assembly methods seem rather flaky, especially compared to the old American "steel" that I used to work on 35 years ago in my Dad's TV shop.

So while it sounds a little weird, this possibility is worth looking for before you spend the money to call in the reinforcements.
post #33 of 51 Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM

hi i have a CT-32HL43G panasonic also. one day it just shut off and wouldnt turn back and now the power led is just blinking but wont do anything else. any ideas. i open up the back and the fuse didnt look blown but not sure.
post #34 of 51 Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
If the power LED lights up it's definitely not the fuse. If you have no idea what's wrong you should call a technician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Beaver
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
post #35 of 51 Old 12-07-2008, 05:33 PM

I have had this problem with my panasonic CT-32HL43, my dad keeps on insisting that he knows were the fuse is but i dont trust him, so could somone specify for me where the fuse is.
post #36 of 51 Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisindy117 View Post

I have had this problem with my panasonic CT-32HL43, my dad keeps on insisting that he knows were the fuse is but i dont trust him, so could somone specify for me where the fuse is.

Next to the where the power cord attaches on the back left. I am waiting for a store to open so that I can try this, mine went dead last night. (My kitten had relieved herself on the power strip.) Hope this works, as I really don't want to go TV shopping just now.
post #37 of 51 Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post

If the power LED lights up it's definitely not the fuse. If you have no idea what's wrong you should call a technician.

That isnt always true.. Sometimes they just let just a little juice through but are still blown for all intents and purposes
post #38 of 51 Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpedcivic View Post

That isnt always true.. Sometimes they just let just a little juice through but are still blown for all intents and purposes

Hmm, never had that happen. But i have seen blown transistors and ICs worth $50+ while the $1 fuse was still intact. Hooray for Chinese designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Beaver
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
post #39 of 51 Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM

My tv won't turn on complete. I does all the clicking as normal but when it gets to when it makes that static sound, it clicks like it is shutting off, and the power light flashes. I checked out the 6.3a fuze and it is good.
post #40 of 51 Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinchanso@hotmai View Post

My tv won't turn on complete. I does all the clicking as normal but when it gets to when it makes that static sound, it clicks like it is shutting off, and the power light flashes. I checked out the 6.3a fuze and it is good.

I have this very same problem now that I replaced the fuse. I get a red status light and a single click and that's it.
post #41 of 51 Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM

I should have posted when it happened. Better late than never. After my last post I discovered something miswired. I had to unplug several connectors to access the fuse to replace it. The TV has been fine since then.
post #42 of 51 Old 11-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Okay, NOW this has happened to me.
WHERE is the fuse located?
post #43 of 51 Old 11-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicman06 View Post

Okay, NOW this has happened to me.
WHERE is the fuse located?

Follow the AC wires through the rear panel onto the main circuit board. As I recall, it'e a glass tubular fuse located near where the AC wires connect to the board. It's an odd value, you may have trouble finding it. Be careful disconnecting wires for access. Take some pics if you have a camera. Let me know if I can help.
post #44 of 51 Old 11-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Okay, I took the Little screw out from Above the back where the
AC line goes in the back.
I do NOT see a fuse, what I DO see is the power cord
splits into 2 wires, 1 pos. and 1 neg. I guess.
from there, it goes to a Plastic connector, which then goes
INTO the board.
That's as far as I got.
My tv, is pretty CLOSE to the wall, so it's really hard, to see, everything
in there that might be in the way.
So, does the WHOLE back cover panel have to come off?
Also, if it IS the fuse where do I go to get one?
post #45 of 51 Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicman06 View Post

Okay, I took the Little screw out from Above the back where the
AC line goes in the back.
I do NOT see a fuse, what I DO see is the power cord
splits into 2 wires, 1 pos. and 1 neg. I guess.
from there, it goes to a Plastic connector, which then goes
INTO the board.
That's as far as I got.
My tv, is pretty CLOSE to the wall, so it's really hard, to see, everything
in there that might be in the way.
So, does the WHOLE back cover panel have to come off?
Also, if it IS the fuse where do I go to get one?

Yes, the back must come off and then some. There are several connectors to disconnect. That's why I suggested taking pics. I got my fuse at Radio Shack but would not be surprised if they no longer carried it.
post #46 of 51 Old 11-24-2010, 11:23 AM

The whole back does not have to come off, but it might be easier if you do take it off, plus you can leave the tv on the stand to do this, luckily. I no longer have this tv, but i do remember that if you remove that little panel, the fuse was accessible from the little opening by where those split wires plug into the board.
post #47 of 51 Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 PM

Hi
I found this thread very helpful (and see that it has been going for a few years) as I was able to locate a find that the (so now it is getting power) but then nothing... no LED power light nothing.... is it possible that the voltage is too high or could something else be wrong with it.... I can't really afford to get another TV at the moment so would rather fix this one for a reasonable cost...
the tv is a Panasonic flat screen ct36sl32 or ct 32sl36. I am not going to pull it out again just to look for it is way too heavy. any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
post #48 of 51 Old 05-16-2011, 08:12 PM

Most common reason the fuse blows in these TV is because of the degausser. Posistor value is much too low and the degausser coils take up to 10 amps at start-up, blowing the fuse. Unplugging the degausser, changing the fuse is a temporary fix until a magnet comes close. Changing the posistor for a higher value that makes the degaussing less current hungry is the best way to fix this.
Here's a pic for people who don't know what a degausser is in CRT's

I've repaired over 20 (I've lost count really) Panasonic Tau this way and they never have any problem after that. It's more of a bad construction by Panasonic who made their degausser too big and put a posistor value that lets the degausser draw too much current for too long.
post #49 of 51 Old 09-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Hi, I have a Panasonic 32" CRT (32sl14j) that suddenly stopped working. Great TV up to now. I primarily use it for my kids to watch their cartoons. It looks like the fuse is blown. How do you change out the "degausser positor", and where would I purchase one? Thanks for any and all help. I really want to keep this TV.
post #50 of 51 Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM

First thing to do is to change out the 6.3A fuse. If it powers up like nothing happened then your problem is with the degausser demanding too much power. The thing about where to buy it.... i do know that most can still be bought at places like octopart, etc.

I am sorry for my previous post... it can be considered a positor... but it is more of a thermistor in circuit with the degausser. When the degausser starts taking a number of current, this thermistor stops conducting and stops the degausser. The value is too low with these so the degausser takes up too much current before shutting the relay off.
The best would be to give me your model number.
This is the part in some panasonic crt's.
http://www.tvserviceparts.com/TAP119M1R5.html
But mind you that the 1R5 (1.5 ohm) is too small and i usally install a higer value that i strip from any other type of tv.Usually a 3r0 (3 ohms) will do the job just fine.
If u give me your model number i can tell you position on board.

If you dont know much of soldering and all, bring only the main board to a tv repair shop and ask them to change the degausser thermistor. The part itself is no more than 10-20$ and can be found on almost any CRT tv from the 90s 2000s. Just be sure they swap a higher value.
Be careful as electricity in these tv's never goes away...unless you discharge the crt. This is dangerous and potentially harmful. Be warned. No repairshop should charge more than 100$ at the shop and 140$ at home for this and the TV will last for at least 15 more years. These panasonics have VERY little problems so i recommend repairing it. While you are there adjust your Screen on the flyback so you can watch your tv with the brightness at 31 wink.gif .
post #51 of 51 Old 12-28-2013, 11:23 PM

My 32 in is less than a year old!! My apt. had like a power surge and BOOM my t.v doesn't turn on anymore!!

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays