Wanted to share my thanks and appreciation to all here for helping me bring my Sony back to life! Here's what happened: My KD-34XBR960 had the dreaded 'six-blinks no-power'. I unplugged it for a week and it worked for a day before doing the six blink thing. I'm no electronics tech, and have only done a little soldering, but thought I'd at least look into how to fix the TV. I concluded from reading threads here and other places that the most likely problem were one or both chips on the D board, IC6501 and IC8002. BobF in particular had some great suggestions on fixing them and I followed most of them (should have followed them all, see below). The easy part: Getting to the board and chips. The back cover came off easily, and the whole bottom electronics section slides out. Took a few connections loose and got to the D board. Now the hard part: Getting the chips out and new ones in. I easily located the two ICs (I'd looked up some diagnostics diagrams but really wasn't necessary as these chips are plainly labeled and easy to spot). I used unsoldering braid to remove solder, but couldn't get the chips to come loose. There couldn't have been much holding them, and I finally just wrenched them out with pliers. At this point the TV was a brick anyway and I was getting a little frustrated as I'd been so careful up to this point and it wasn't going to plan. Should have listened to BobF and shelled out cash to get the slim cutters so that each pin could be cut and unsoldered individually. Also should have listened to the advice that if you find yourself rushing and forcing things to stop and come back later. In my case, fortunately, it didn't cost me though I thought it had at the time and didn't find out it didn't until the end. I ordered Shindengen MCZ3001DB replacement chips from B&D Enterprises ($12.10/ea) and this time followed BobF's advice and got 18-pin sockets (3M4818-3000-CP, $.79/ea). Soldering in the sockets was tedious, especially given my novice soldering status, and I worried I was going to solder two legs together but this time took my time and got the sockets installed. It was a bit difficult getting the chips in the sockets but again, using patience, got them in there. Then it was just a matter of connecting everything together again. At this point I wasn't holding out any great hope, but when I hit the power button but knew I'd at least tried. And when the beast actually came back to life, and has come back to life since then, I have gotten a great sense of satisfaction that my efforts paid off. Again, thanks to all on this forum and others that provided me the knowledge, and courage, to get this fix done.