Loewe Aconda Owners - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 97 Old 06-29-2010, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
7 years of flawless service? WOW. You must be one of the lucky ones. My Loewe broke down within a few months of purchase and continually malfunctioned over the next few years. Needless to say my first and last Loewe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Set still lives at a friends lake house!

It was and is a great set.

I got mine brand new as part of Loewe's liquidation right before they pulled out. The power supply were changed out on the remaining stock. At at time 42" plasmas were 5 grand I paid $1800. Reviews still had it as the best on the planet at the time.

I would have liked it for the playroom but placement was and has become a non issue with mounting options. I have a brick fireplace and those Acondas just don't mount good!!!
post #93 of 97 Old 04-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Still have my Aconda for 9+ years. The PQ still looks amazing after all of these years. German build quality for ya.

I've lost the remote though and need a universal that would work with it. I'd like to be able to change the picture format.

Does anyone know about the Articos CRT? Was it a higher spec model than the Aconda?
post #94 of 97 Old 11-24-2012, 08:00 AM

In case anyone's interested: I am disposing of a Loewe Aconda 38" TV. I got it a number of years back from an AV store in North Carolina. It was a refurb unit (replaced power supply, etc.), and it can handle 1080i on the Component input.

The previous owner abused it, so it is only fair from a cosmetic standpoint, but the tube face has no scratches, and everything works. I have the original remote, but no manual.

Free to good home if you come pick it up. I am in the Nashville, TN metro area. Email me at racerguy100 at h o t m a i l. c o m

If there's no one interested, it will go to the TV recycle bin at the landfill.
post #95 of 97 Old 11-24-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy View Post

In case anyone's interested: I am disposing of a Loewe Aconda 38" TV. I got it a number of years back from an AV store in North Carolina. It was a refurb unit (replaced power supply, etc.), and it can handle 1080i on the Component input.
The previous owner abused it, so it is only fair from a cosmetic standpoint, but the tube face has no scratches, and everything works. I have the original remote, but no manual.
Free to good home if you come pick it up. I am in the Nashville, TN metro area. Email me at racerguy100 at h o t m a i l. c o m
If there's no one interested, it will go to the TV recycle bin at the landfill.

The Craigslist Free section will give you a much better chance of 're-homing' that fine ol' TV. And if you're willing to help load the beast add that note in the ad for even better chances. Of course most average folk never heard of a Loewe so a pic is worth a thousand words, or an archived review link, or lastly letting them know it's widescreen and HD-capable. GL!

post #96 of 97 Old 11-24-2012, 09:21 AM

Thanks, but the local Craigslist is populated by scammers, burglars, and clueless yobs. I'd rather smash it with a hammer than subject myself to that nonsense.
post #97 of 97 Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy View Post

Thanks, but the local Craigslist is populated by scammers, burglars, and clueless yobs. I'd rather smash it with a hammer than subject myself to that nonsense.

Yeah I understand the fear. In my case I get the stuff outside by the curb to keep them away from the house or schedule it if I have to put it on the porch, but a big NO nonetheless for coming in the house. Can be difficult with a beast of a TV like that though.

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page