Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam7 View Post

Hey guys, I've been seriously considering getting a front projection set up for an apartment living room pretty close to the size of the OP after seeing some gorgeous shots of just how good the image can look. I have a few questions. First, would a front projector be any good for TV/gaming in normal lighting conditions during the day, or does it have to be a dark room? Second, do front projectors introduce any lag for gaming? And finally, I have the opportunity to get a Sony VW40 for $1800 or a Sony VW60 for $3000, what would you say I should get considering my other questions? I'd like to save money, but if the improvement is noticeable....

Sounds like you do not need a fp.Fp are not design for normal lighting'The sony would be your worst choice for that.Get a cheap ax100 used or something like that.But sounds to me you need to pass on fp IMHO'unless you can provide a dark enviroment.BOB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Liked: 10
Ah, oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted, I'll just push my shopping cart back over to the flat panel aisle. Thanks for the warning though, I would have needed something that I could watch in any lighting condition.
post #93 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 02:33 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Ah, oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted, I'll just push my shopping cart back over to the flat panel aisle. Thanks for the warning though, I would have needed something that I could watch in any lighting condition.

FP is great, but I don't think it is going to meet your requirement of being able to use in any light condition. For gaming and sports you can have a lot of ambient light in the room, but not any lighting condition.
post #94 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

If so please PM me.

Thanks,
Kevin C.

Stop DFAST.
Boycott JVC!
post #95 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
me too!

AudioBear
post #96 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Yeah sure, I work for CCity so I get 40% off pretty much anything Sony besides their laptops. Unlike Bestbuy (according to a Bestbuy friend the only discounts are given in store at the register) CCitys major discounts for its employees are given through accomodation programs where products are ordered directly from the manufacturers. Some of these accomodations are company specific, like Polk gives 70 percent off anything from their Monitor or Car audio lines to CCity employees, and Panasonic gives usually around a third off of tvs for all CCity employees (there are a lot more), but other accomodations, like Sony, offer pretty much any company who sells Sony products 40 percent off through their training website. So if you happen to work for a company that sells Sony stuff, you can get the same discount after doing some training questions online. Sony is by far the most generous for discounting high dollar stuff, though, since their discount is for pretty much anything they have.
post #97 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah sure, I work for CCity so I get 40% off pretty much anything Sony besides their laptops. Unlike Bestbuy (according to a Bestbuy friend the only discounts are given in store at the register) CCitys major discounts for its employees are given through accomodation programs where products are ordered directly from the manufacturers. Some of these accomodations are company specific, like Polk gives 70 percent off anything from their Monitor or Car audio lines to CCity employees, and Panasonic gives usually around a third off of tvs for all CCity employees (there are a lot more), but other accomodations, like Sony, offer pretty much any company who sells Sony products 40 percent off through their training website. So if you happen to work for a company that sells Sony stuff, you can get the same discount after doing some training questions online. Sony is by far the most generous for discounting high dollar stuff, though, since their discount is for pretty much anything they have.

Evil Plan forming...go work for CC on my vacation...discounts galore!

On Topic though, trying to come to a conclusion about a FP on this thread is mind-bending. I think I'd like to go put my head in the microwave trying to decide just what to buy. Fish, or cut bait?
post #98 of 99 Old 05-14-2008, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I had a Panny AX200U that I bought from Costco. I returned it today because I bought the Epson 1080UB. The UB is great. I am very pleased.
post #99 of 99 Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 139
yes you are right..it is the IRE setting, not iris. sorry about that..however, i do not have any problems seeing details in shadowed areas with the setting at 7.5 at all. and colours are much richer, blacks much blacker. great projector
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page