I'm close to making the leap and buying my first projector. I have read a bunch of reviews and a ton of threads and it seems like the ax200 would be the best projector for my situation. A lot of the posts in threads about the issues that this and other projectors are seeing have me a little freaked though. Just had a few questions before committing.
1. Should I be concerned about all of the issues being reported for the ax-200 or is it just a case of the people with problems being the loudest?
2. If I do have a problem, what does the factory warranty cover and can I send it back and have it fixed or replaced in a timely fashion?
3. I've read that the bulb life is listed at 3,000 hours. Do they actually last that long or should I be worried about it failing early? What is a good bulb protection plan if I want to go that route?
4. Should I order from Amazon or Projector People? I've heard that Projector People has good customer service. Is there a difference between the warranty or rebate that I get from the two?
5. Is there a price cut likely for the ax200 in the near future? Also, to go with the previous question, Amazon gives you the difference if they lower the price within 30 days of you buying.
I know that that's a lot, but thanks for taking a look and hopefully easing some of my concerns.