Advice on AX200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-18-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm close to making the leap and buying my first projector. I have read a bunch of reviews and a ton of threads and it seems like the ax200 would be the best projector for my situation. A lot of the posts in threads about the issues that this and other projectors are seeing have me a little freaked though. Just had a few questions before committing.

1. Should I be concerned about all of the issues being reported for the ax-200 or is it just a case of the people with problems being the loudest?

2. If I do have a problem, what does the factory warranty cover and can I send it back and have it fixed or replaced in a timely fashion?

3. I've read that the bulb life is listed at 3,000 hours. Do they actually last that long or should I be worried about it failing early? What is a good bulb protection plan if I want to go that route?

4. Should I order from Amazon or Projector People? I've heard that Projector People has good customer service. Is there a difference between the warranty or rebate that I get from the two?

5. Is there a price cut likely for the ax200 in the near future? Also, to go with the previous question, Amazon gives you the difference if they lower the price within 30 days of you buying.

I know that that's a lot, but thanks for taking a look and hopefully easing some of my concerns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 AM

Liked: 11
The ax200 is the top selling fp in the world.Yes their will be a few with problems.But it is a great fp that does allot right.The pic is fantastic.Order from one of the forum sponsors'way better support if their is a problem.It will not drop in price.For the money it is a great deal.GO FOR IT.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I would remind you that new model projectors come out next month so you might want to wait and see if there is a price drop.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Are there any particular bulb protection plans that any of you would recommend?
post #5 of 6 Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post

I would remind you that new model projectors come out next month so you might want to wait and see if there is a price drop.

When the ax200 came out, did the ax100 get immidiately discontinued, and did the price of the ax200 exceed that of the ax100 by much at the time?

I'm getting an ax200 shortly but would gladly wait if it meant better projector for the same price...
post #6 of 6 Old 08-20-2008, 11:31 AM

Liked: 11
[quote=Logic_BomB;14485299]When the ax200 came out, did the ax100 get immidiately discontinued, and did the price of the ax200 exceed that of the ax100 by much at the time?

I'm getting an ax200 shortly but would gladly wait if it meant better projector for the same price...[/QUOT

The ax100 was right at $1900 and they had a $400 rebate.Then the ax200 came out at $1400 with no rebate.Panny might come out with a new 720p but I do not see it happening.I think the ax200 is at the end of the chain for them.Any new advances will be on their 1080p line.So I see the ax200 staying at the current price.They might come up with a $100 rebate or something but it is price at about what is deserving in its field.Just my thoughts.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page