VPL-AW10: Give it 720p or 1080p? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-13-2008, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,
So, I just got a VPL-AW10 projector for my dorm suite. It looks awesome set up on our blank white wall, making about a 12-foot screen. I couldn't be happier with it.

When we first had it hooked up to my Xbox it was on 1080i mode and when I switched it to 720p, pretty much everyone agreed that the 1080i looked better, smoother, etc. When I hooked up my laptop, I upped the resolution to 1920x1080, to show my friends that it would appear blurry because it's way above the projector's native resolution, but it looked fine.

I'm not sure what's happening here, maybe I'm just crazy, but is the Sony scaling so good that I'm better off giving it a 1080p signal for process on and down-convert? Or are we just all that amateurish that we confused blurry with a smoother picture? My background tells me that's not right and always give it the native resolution, but I'm used to dealing with lower end hardware, so I don't know.

If relevant, we'll be using it for Blu-ray movies, DVDs, playing video games, and a lot of random stuff on the computer.

Thank you so much! I love you guys here!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page