-This is a nightmare, the image is crooked and there is very little adjust you can do in term of physical placement using the projector leg. I ended up putting magazines of different thickness under the legs until the picture becomes relatively even.
-The vert lens shift can only move the picture down, so if you have a low coffee table it doesnt move the image up.
-I used a monoprice dvi/hdmi converter and hooked my ps3 to the projector without any problems. PS3 is set to auto detect and the projector status show 1080 resolution/60HZ
-The backpanel connectors is badly designed for tabletop viewing, you cannot close the door once the cables are plugged in.
-Overall very bad experience, compared to HC1500 setup.
- Brightness is more than enough in econ mode in an apt(with some street light) setup, it's of course not as bright as hc1500 but i dont think it's a problem at all like it was with the vp12s4.
- Out of the box configuration is slightly grayed out, i prefer a more pop look. So increased the gamma up 2 levels to 2.3ish, other than that didnt change much.
- The picture / contrast is noticeably better than HC1500, especially during the dark scenes you can see details that were not visible on the HC1500. I used blu-ray black hawk down, underworld, and happily everafter(for the bright color images). So the improvement to black and details are definitly noticeable and better, but it wasnt night and day like when you upgrade from 480p to 720p.
- The picture wasnt as detailed as VP12S4 but very close, however it's much brighter and with a big pop. I hated the vp12s4 picture with a passion (sold it for a hc1500 instead).
-DVD looks a little better, but it wasnt as a big improvement as with blu-ray
- This thing is huge, about the size of 4x HC1500
- The remote control that comes with it is garbage, but it's a non-issue as i just put it into logitech universal remote
- I am not sure if it's the blu-ray disc or my setup, but i noticed when i play tina fey's Baby Mama bluray the picture is almost full 16:9 screen(without blackbars on top and bottom). I say almost because there is a very narrow black bar on top and bottom of the screen, which seems very weird. I tried other discs and they are all normal (grey anatomy bluray is full 16:9 without any black bars, black hawk down is true widescreen with normal black bars on top and bottom).
- Also if i watch standard 4:3 tv like cnbc, there is an extra vertical black bar on the right of the picture in additional to the 2 normal vertical black bars.
- Noise wasnt a problem, i never understood the big deal with it anyway as you will have the sound on.
All in all, was an ok buy considering the price i paid.