I have it since Tuesday
1. Brightness: Excellent for 20’ from 120” 1.2 gain screen in light control HT for any program.
Sports: on normal mode is great
Games: dynamic mode red +4 green -2 or normal
Movies: cinema 1, 2, 3 depending on movie
Brighter than AE2000 which was adequate for my setup and extremely better than Sanyo Z2000 which was dim for my setup.
2. Best blacks I ever owned or seen. (I have seen JVC RC 1 2 years ago at Electronic expo and it’s contrast was shockingly good at that time. not any more)
3. Excellent uniformity. White is 100% (ok 99%) white even at far edges.
4. Frame creation rocks. See scrolling bottom stock ticker picture. They are as clear as non moving letters. Mode 2 is the best.
5. Excellent convergence in the middle.
6. Horrible convergence/Chromatic aberration/ focus problem on the right and left. See one pixel test at the corners. It’s a mess. I can focus to perfection each side separately but middle and other side becomes unfocused. I moved my adjustable ceiling mount pole lower to the dead center position both horizontally and vertically but no change. Then I temporarily moved the PJ 18” away from the screen to total 21 ½ feet away thinking that zooming will use only center portion of the lens but no improvement in focus but it got dimmer. Is this normal? Sanyo Z2000 had amazing focus at the corners. Worst lens than AE 2000? I would like people to comment about this problem because it really ruins the party when you are watching a channel with a lot of letters in the corners or using a HTPC computer. It is disappointing.
Overall impression: good instead of very good or excellent because of blurriness at the sides. Now praying that my 4000 hour AE900 in my bedroom quits so AE3000 soon takes its place and I can find a PJ like AE3000 with a better focus.
Editing on 11/02
I am upgrading my evaluation of AE3000 from good to very good because there are no focus problems at minimum distances from the screen.
You can use test images from this sitehttp://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/1080p_tests
My picture labeled “focus test” is from this site. Don’t use this picture for test because it is downscaled to make it below 1024 forum limit. I just put it to show how it suppose to look like ideally.
(Perhaps that limit should change because our monitors and bandwidths are better. Of course if the server can handle it and I am grateful even with existing limits)
Download to your computer, show it on your pj, take a screen shot and let’s see if “yours is better than mine” make sure you don’t post a picture from your 22 inch perfect lcd monitor. Lol
I disagree with people who say screenshots are useless. They are useful in this kind of discussions.