Infocus X10/ IN80 Owners thread - Reviews, Settings, Screenshots and issues - Page 34 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 998 Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Firmware is not user upgradable, AFAIK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 998 Old 08-02-2014, 12:13 AM

Liked: 0
You mean that it is locked?
I have installed Dark chip 3 in my projector and i would also like to upgrade to in82 firmware but in case this doesnt work i dont have in80 firmware.
Is there any way i could extract it?
post #993 of 998 Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What are the best deals on bulbs these days? I see $50 ones on Amazon and $160 OEM bulbs. I am moving in a month and may leave the projector so it doesn't have to be the best. I was thinking the cheap one and if it sucks, I'll keep it for an emergency spare.
post #994 of 998 Old 12-26-2014, 12:53 PM

Liked: 0
Issue with Infocus X10

I'm hoping someone here can provide an insight into an issue i'm having with my 1.5 year old x10 projector. I'm quite a novice when it comes to this so please let me know if there is anything i can try as i'm currently assuming the projector is broken and that is that!

Basically whenever i switch on my projector on it just projects a grey screen (no red infocus as i would typically expect when the projector is warming up). There is then nothing, as far as i've found, where i can alter this; the remote fails to have any effect, i can't bring up the setting menu or any sources that i connect to the project do not come up at all.

I'm assuming my projector has had it so i'm expecting the worst, please let me know if this is something any of you have come across before.

Thanks.
post #995 of 998 Old 01-17-2015, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
post #996 of 998 Old 01-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Infocus X10 Service Menu Code

Anyone know the Service Menu code? My projector had a hard crash and lost its mind (even lost it SN until I power cycled). Everything defaulted to default values.

Picture looks like crap. if I lower the red gain, I can make it better, but that is not the answer.

I think the color wheel index is wrong. I cannot get into the service menu without the correct set of remote key presses.
post #997 of 998 Old 01-25-2015, 05:39 AM

CWI index was indeed the problem. I found it to be 56. I adjusted it to 90 to get a good picture back.
post #998 of 998 Old 03-22-2015, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengland View Post
CWI index was indeed the problem. I found it to be 56. I adjusted it to 90 to get a good picture back.
Ah I see you did get this fixed now that I dug up this thread. Thanks again for your help. This also fixed the posterization (red blotchy) problem on mine. All I had to do was change it from 91 to 86 in my case.

BTW, a more general question to anyone. Is there a decent replacement lamp that's significantly less than $400 for the X10. I just don't see spending that much when I can probably buy a decent 1080p DLP now for not that much more. I dug these up,

http://www.myprojectorlamps.ca/proje...focus/X10.html

http://www.jaspertronics.com/products/pli01678

https://www.bulbamerica.com/products...-original-bulb

Of course there's the crap $50 ones, but I do want something that will work for quite a few hours and not blow up in the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Infocus