Anyone finding any PJ's at Circuit City? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone finding anything at Circuit City? I was at my local store today and managed to pick up a screen for a decent price after clearance and discount. Wow what a diffrence in clarity and "pop" going from the windowshade to a real screen. As far as PJ's go they had an Infocus IN72 (only 480P?? I thought this was higher res), a Toshiba TDP-PX10 in the computer section, and an Optoma HD72 (open box) in the HT section. They had a few other optomas but they were all sold out (don't think they had any before the liquidation started honestly, I had never even saw these display models before today in the store). What is a used HD72 worth? This one I thought was a good deal till I convinced them to let me fire it up and discovered the lamp hours were high. Anyone finding anything else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I haven't had a chance to run by CC yet.....what kind of discounts are they running?

The closest store to me always had several porjectors on display including a Optoma HD80, and a Mitsubishi 1080p model.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM

I went Saturday and Sunday looking for "deals" and there were none to be had. Actually the local BB was less expensive on many similar electronics and they're not "liquidating".
post #4 of 11 Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss69camaro350 View Post

Anyone finding anything at Circuit City? I was at my local store today and managed to pick up a screen for a decent price after clearance and discount. Wow what a diffrence in clarity and "pop" going from the windowshade to a real screen. As far as PJ's go they had an Infocus IN72 (only 480P?? I thought this was higher res), a Toshiba TDP-PX10 in the computer section, and an Optoma HD72 (open box) in the HT section. They had a few other optomas but they were all sold out (don't think they had any before the liquidation started honestly, I had never even saw these display models before today in the store). What is a used HD72 worth? This one I thought was a good deal till I convinced them to let me fire it up and discovered the lamp hours were high. Anyone finding anything else?

What kind and size of screen did you get and how much off of list was it in the end?

bguzman

post #5 of 11 Old 01-19-2009, 11:10 PM

I have a friend whos a manager at a CC. He said there wont be any real deals for a few weeks. All the prices are 10-30% off retail price. Not their sale prices they had before. This is a ploy to make more money since everyone thinks everything is going to be a great deal. I also asked him about projectors and he said he didn't know of any 1080 projectors that they carried.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 AM

Here in Portland, OR the sales were 10% off. I could still find better deals online and the choices were mainly business PJs. One 1080p and one 720P, which was the HD65 that was priced above 1K before the sale.

Frankie B (portland,OR)

post #7 of 11 Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I sold my 1 year old HD72 last fall for $500, not sure what the current value is though.

Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #8 of 11 Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Visited a store in suburban Philadelphia. Signs indicated 10 to 30 per cent off.
Most desireable items only 10 per cent off. DVD's & Blu-Ray's 20 percent off.
As mentioned by others, there are better prices elsewhere.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

I agree, there really wasn't anything stellar on the majority of the stuff. The screen is an Elite 84 inch floor pull-up, originally was like $389 I think, back in the summer when I looked all the screens were so overpriced I ended up going w/ the window shade, but when I stopped in CC on monday just to see if there was any deals I came upon this screen, was the only one there, and it was clearanced down to $144, then I got another 10% off that, so I thought it wasn't too shabby. I know prob better prices/screens can be found online but I noticed a heck of a diffrence going to this one from the shade and I didn't have to deal w/ shipping, etc.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

you saw some 60%'s?? our store didn't have anything that high yet, but they might now, I haven't been back since mon.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

It looked like business as usual at my local store. Everything was still 30-40% over what I can buy anywhere else. Not a single projector in the store, which disappointed me. Those were there two weeks ago. They must have shipped them somewhere else. I saw stuff I would like to buy but they're not anywhere near getting me to bite.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page