PT-AX200 - How is your PJ Mounted and do you have flicker? - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: How is your AX200 mounted and do you have "flicker"?
Ceiling mounted - no flicker 0 0%
Ceiling Mounted - flicker 0 0%
Shelf Mounted (aka Desk) - no flicker 0 0%
Shelf Mounted (aka Desk) - flicker 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this topic has been beaten to death but one thing I have never seen asked or mentioned is how is the projector mounted?

I have owned a PT-AX200U for over a year and 1200 hours with out a glitch. In September 08 I moved and my Projector setup changed. I went from a ceiling mount (with about 900 hours) to a shelf mount (aka desk mount).

Just last night my flawless (to me) projector started to flicker and hasn't stopped. So tonight I cleaned the filter to make sure it was still getting good air flow but it was relatively clean. Then I remembered that since I have moved here the projector has overheated 3 times yet it is in a larger room that is cooler. The only difference is how it is mounted.

I am trying to find the time to move the projector closer to the screen which will change the mounting back to ceiling. Just wondering if this will change the flicker issue? Was not moving it due to the flicker but to increase the brightness, from 22' throw to 15' throw.

First HTPC: Silverstone SST-GD05B-USB3.0 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 500W, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP MB, i3-3225 3.3GHz CPU, G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory, A-Data XPG SX900 128GB 2.5" SSD and Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray.

Going to try out the HD4000 graphics for a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Just last week I was on here saying how I never had the dreaded flicker problem and one day later...I was getting flickers.

I've seen just about every remedy and tried one of them.

Set your projector to Dynamic mode and let it run 5-7 hours. I did mine from midnight to 7 am and the flicker went away.

Been 6 days and no return of the flicker at all.

Good luck. Another of the remedy's was to reseat the lamp. But since I'm ceiling mounted. I tried the dynamic burn instead.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paints View Post

Just last week I was on here saying how I never had the dreaded flicker problem and one day later...I was getting flickers.

I am guilty of the same! Lots of hours no flicker less than a week after I post it....flicker

I will flip it to dynamic an let you know...

First HTPC: Silverstone SST-GD05B-USB3.0 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 500W, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP MB, i3-3225 3.3GHz CPU, G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory, A-Data XPG SX900 128GB 2.5" SSD and Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray.

Going to try out the HD4000 graphics for a bit.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 03:35 PM

I will never ever say I don't have flicker...that way I never get it hehehehe I don't have one yet so I should still be safe lol
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page