Infocus X10 for $1800??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 102 Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
spectrumbx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 813
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Update:
-------

Some users have bought this PJ for less than $1,000.

Tigerdirect is selling it for $1,299 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=I427-2128

If you buy from the Tigerdirect's eBay store, there is a MS cashback of 13%.
If you sign up for eBates, there is an additional 3% cashback.

So:
$1299
- 168.87 (MS eBay cashback)
- 38.97 (eBates)
------
= $1,091.16

There was an additional $200 rebate that expired on 03/31/2009.

Also, shipping is higher (for many) if you buy on eBay than on Tigerdirect's own site.
For those of us being charged taxes, I have found that I was charged a lesser tax amount buying from the eBay store than on the direct site (about $15 tax saving).

Flexible RAID:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
spectrumbx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 102 Old 03-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Member
 
gtxjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tigerdirect - Now $1299
gtxjoe is offline  
post #3 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gwlaw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wow awesome price at tiger
gwlaw99 is offline  
post #4 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
rfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Whitehall, PA.
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got one!

Randy J. Fisher, CTS-D
rfisher is offline  
post #5 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
anirbana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bargain price
anirbana is offline  
post #6 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Member
 
ronep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Projectorpeople has the X10 for $1289 with $200 rebate through 3-31-09.
Does the rebate apply for a Tigerdirect purchase. I know the 2 year warranty is honored by Infocus if bought through Tigerdirect.
ronep is offline  
post #7 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
adude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Projector People is the forum sponsor. Lots of good feedback about them on this forum. The price with $200 rebate is hot!!!

Manoj
adude is offline  
post #8 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Member
 
bhayes505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This seems like a fantastic deal. I was going to order a HD65 this weekend but this has changed my mind. I will probably be ordering this tomorrow.
bhayes505 is offline  
post #9 of 102 Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brandonnash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: murfreesboro, tn
Posts: 3,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Wish I was in the market for one of these right now. I need a BIG screen and this would help. 55" is just not big enough for me. Great price.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brandonnash is offline  
post #10 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gwlaw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow Never thought I'd see 1080p for $1100 this soon.
gwlaw99 is offline  
post #11 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fragster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey Guys

What DC chip does the X10 uses? I'm seriously considering upgrading my VP4001 (DCII) to the X10 but I'd like to know what chip it uses before I make up my mind.

Thanks

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fragster is offline  
post #12 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Member
 
GOOCHY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fragster if you do end up wanting to upgrade and are looking to sell the VP4001, look me up. If you're selling for a reasonable price I'm your man.
GOOCHY is offline  
post #13 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
johnnykretentiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rockton IL.
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow this is a sweet deal. I am having some issues with my Z3 as of late and am back in the market. That last time I shopped for pj it took me months to make up my mind. It seems anti-climactic to just jump on this one so soon, considering I like the hunt. But I just might go for it!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
johnnykretentiv is offline  
post #14 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
anirbana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Hey Guys

What DC chip does the X10 uses? I'm seriously considering upgrading my VP4001 (DCII) to the X10 but I'd like to know what chip it uses before I make up my mind.

Thanks

It is a DC1 chip same as my IN80. But performs better than my old 3 DC2 chip DLPs
anirbana is offline  
post #15 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Member
 
ronep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Hey Guys

What DC chip does the X10 uses? I'm seriously considering upgrading my VP4001 (DCII) to the X10 but I'd like to know what chip it uses before I make up my mind.

Thanks

Dark Chip 1. From the reviews ( projector reviews and trusted reviews) I read the black levels suffer due to it but the color engine used is the same as the X10's big brother IN83. So the image quality is its strength.
ronep is offline  
post #16 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
GregK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Art thought it was a good projector for the money, sans the black level. But it's low level black detail reproduction was second to none.
http://www.projectorreviews.com/infocus/X10/index.php

But now that it is $1300, I consider it a steal, and have ordered mine.

Does anyone know if the Infocus X10 can use the same mounting bracket as the Infocus 4805?
GregK is offline  
post #17 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mynym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You can get this under $1000 if you're creative

$1299 from TigerDirect/CompUSA
-12% - [$155.99] - Live.com cash back (Tiger Direct)
------------------
$1143.99
- $200 Infocus Rebate (http://www.projectorpeople.com/SLIS/...200_033109.pdf )
------
$943.99
mynym is offline  
post #18 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 03:11 PM
 
dysfunction26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 2,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronep View Post

Dark Chip 1. From the reviews ( projector reviews and trusted reviews) I read the black levels suffer due to it but the color engine used is the same as the X10's big brother IN83. So the image quality is its strength.

The placement flexibility is zilch also.
dysfunction26 is offline  
post #19 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JeffKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post

The placement flexibility is zilch also.

That's the thing. This is a great deal, and REALLY has me tempted to upgrade, but the X10's very long throw (1.89 - 2.22 TR) and steep offset (36%) means it won't work for all. Double check if it will work in your room before you buy.
JeffKB is offline  
post #20 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mynym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So tempted by this deal..

I did some math using this projector calculator comparing it to my current trusty 4805 which is currently housed on a sofa table behind my couch.

When comparing the offset given 14'7" from wall with my 94" screen equating for zoom (1.04x with X10, 1.0x with 4805)

I calculated the following but I'm unsure if this is correct:

4805 offset is 12.8"
X10 offset is 16.6"

This sound right? Is the X10 a big difference from my existing 4805? And the bigger question is, will this work for me assuming the same location?

I currently have to prop up the back of my projector to get it to project correctly onto my screen (see image below)


mynym is offline  
post #21 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
anirbana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronep View Post

Dark Chip 1. From the reviews ( projector reviews and trusted reviews) I read the black levels suffer due to it but the color engine used is the same as the X10's big brother IN83. So the image quality is its strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post

Art thought it was a good projector for the money, sans the black level. But it's low level black detail reproduction was second to none.
http://www.projectorreviews.com/infocus/X10/index.php

But now that it is $1300, I consider it a steal, and have ordered mine.


Sky HD TV to X10(image courtesy Irobot - UK AVforums)









anirbana is offline  
post #22 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
 
dysfunction26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 2,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKB View Post

That's the thing. This is a great deal, and REALLY has me tempted to upgrade, but the X10's very long throw (1.89 - 2.22 TR) and steep offset (36%) means it won't work for all. Double check if it will work in your room before you buy.

That's why I went with the Epson 6500UB. The things that sold me on the Epson were:

Better blacks, way better
Better placement
FI (great for animation and HDTV sports)
Longer lamp life
Better warranty overnight replacement available (even though I can't swap my projector until they get units in, which won't be another 1-2 weeks. Hey it's a new projector.)

I owned an Infocus IN72, it was great and I have nothing against Infocus. This was actually the projector I was considering, until I moved and found out I needed the flexibility of a LCD.
dysfunction26 is offline  
post #23 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mynym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post

That's why I went with the Epson 6500UB. The things that sold me on the Epson were:

Better blacks, way better
Better placement
FI (great for animation and HDTV sports)
Longer lamp life
Better warranty overnight replacement available (even though I can't swap my projector until they get units in, which won't be another 1-2 weeks. Hey it's a new projector.)

I owned an Infocus IN72, it was great and I have nothing against Infocus. This was actually the projector I was considering, until I moved and found out I needed the flexibility of a LCD.

I would expect to see these benefits in a projector costing 3x the price.
mynym is offline  
post #24 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 06:16 PM
 
dysfunction26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 2,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post

I would expect to see these benefits in a projector costing 3x the price.

I don't know where you get that number, I paid $2100 for my Epson.
dysfunction26 is offline  
post #25 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
johnnykretentiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rockton IL.
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Man those screen shots look amazing.

I was just at best buy and saw the Epson 6100 there for $2K. It was tempting but I know the longer I wait the cheaper it gets.

Part of me thinks my Z3 just needs a new lamp but I would hate to spend 300 - 400 on a lamp to find out its' not the lamp and it's something else. Then I'm kinda toast.

Plus I want some 1080p action. I just bought a a Onkyo 906 receiver (last week, that's why spending ANOTHER $2K+ on a projector is a little tough) and would like to max out it's capabilities.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
johnnykretentiv is offline  
post #26 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM
 
dysfunction26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 2,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykretentiv View Post

Man those screen shots look amazing.

I was just at best buy and saw the Epson 6100 there for $2K. It was tempting but I know the longer I wait the cheaper it gets.

Part of me thinks my Z3 just needs a new lamp but I would hate to spend 300 - 400 on a lamp to find out its' not the lamp and it's something else. Then I'm kinda toast.

Plus I want some 1080p action. I just bought a a Onkyo 906 receiver (last week, that's why spending ANOTHER $2K+ on a projector is a little tough) and would like to max out it's capabilities.

Epson 6500UB is available for just over $2100 after rebate, no reason to buy the 6100.
dysfunction26 is offline  
post #27 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
johnnykretentiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rockton IL.
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post

Epson 6500UB is available for just over $2100 after rebate, no reason to buy the 6100.

Where at? Is it a sponsor? My head is spinning with numbers and I probably just missed that one. That is really what I want. THX!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
johnnykretentiv is offline  
post #28 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JeffKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I really couldn't pass this up, so I just bought one. I was considering getting a new lamp for my IN76 at some point in the next 3 or 4 months, but with this price and the rebate, it's not much more to just get the X10 (if I factor in selling the IN76).

Wow, talk about out of the blue. I wasn't even considering upgrading and today I just bought a new PJ because this deal is just ridiculous. As long as the contrast and black level of the X10 is close to the IN76, I'll be a happy camper. I will need to re-engineer my setup to get it to work however, oh well...
JeffKB is offline  
post #29 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
 
NTHEZONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SAN ANTONIO, CONVERSE TX
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post

You can get this under $1000 if you're creative

$1299 from TigerDirect/CompUSA
-12% - [$155.99] - Live.com cash back (Tiger Direct)
------------------
$1143.99
- $200 Infocus Rebate (http://www.projectorpeople.com/SLIS/...200_033109.pdf )
------
$943.99


When I checked it was only 5% off at Live.com

is there a coupon code for Projector people?
NTHEZONE is offline  
post #30 of 102 Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
 
dysfunction26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 2,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post

So tempted by this deal..

I did some math using this projector calculator comparing it to my current trusty 4805 which is currently housed on a sofa table behind my couch.

When comparing the offset given 14'7" from wall with my 94" screen equating for zoom (1.04x with X10, 1.0x with 4805)

I calculated the following but I'm unsure if this is correct:

4805 offset is 12.8"
X10 offset is 16.6"

This sound right? Is the X10 a big difference from my existing 4805? And the bigger question is, will this work for me assuming the same location?

I currently have to prop up the back of my projector to get it to project correctly onto my screen (see image below)




Where do you sit without blocking the projector? lol
dysfunction26 is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off